What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-18-2007 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ordered Smallville (Blu Ray) and Superman Doomsday from the WB store for less-combined-than Smallville's going for at any of the B&M's. And I'll be grabbing Brothers and Sisters on Tuesday. YAY YAY YAY!

John Gido

Second Unit
I'll probably be picking up Married...With Children: Season Seven at BB with a CC price match (WTF BB, what gives with that price :eek:). Also the Arnold comedy set, depending on the outcome of the OAR question.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Meskell
No prices on the new U2 dvd, Popmart live?

Feel free to contribute them yourself next time.

SD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoU2: Popmart Live$13.99$9.99$11.99 - - U2: Popmart Live Limited Edition$19.99$19.99$21.99 - -

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
RE: Superman: Doomsday at Target:

The in-store "coming soon" sign shows the sticker on the box and it states it includes a collectible trading card.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
RE: Superman: Doomsday at Target: (cont'd.)

Today on the Target web site, Superman: Doomsday is listed for $13.99, if you are into price matching... ;)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Note:
Those buying Superman: Doomsday, in another forum, someone said the Wal-Mart addon was the Death of Superman comic on CDRom.
If that includes the entire saga, then that is the best deal yet.
I'm going to check out Sam's Club and see what they are selling it for.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I wouldn't count on that. I would be shocked if it's anything more than one issue on the CD. Heck, I don't think they could even come close to fitting the whole thing on a CD.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...big day for me!

Picked up BOTH Deliverance AND the Arnold Schwarzenegger Comedy Favorites Collection at BJs Wholesale Club for just $12.99. (The Arnold pack was clearly marked "Anamorphic widescreen" on the back for EACH of the features! Woohoo! :emoji_thumbsup: And three movies for $13! :eek: Too bad two of the films are on a flipper...but I think I'm good with that. )

And then went to Best Buy and picked up the steelbook (couldn't refuse) Death Proof and Boston Legal: Season 3. I figure to pick up We Are Marshall in a used bin down-the-road.

For the record, We Are Marshall was just $14.99 @ BJs Death Proof was $18.99.

As always, for those who don't know, BJs Wholesale Club is a warehouse-type store similar to Costco or Sam's Club.

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe the photo book with Troy Ultimate Edition is exclusive to Best Buy -- it is just one of the bonuses included in the set to justify the name "Ultimate."

Prices spotted at the local Costco:

Brothers & Sisters Season 1 - $38.49
Smallville Season 6 - $36.29
Boston Legal - $35.89
Family Guy Vol 5 - $23.99
Stargate Atlantis Season 3 - $29.99
(previous seasons also $29.99)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Saw the following at Target last night:
Both Blu-Ray ($29.99) and HD ($34.99) versions of We Are Marshall
The exclusive Family Guy set looks great, but it would probably store better in a picture frame than on a shelf!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
After raving about the cheesefest of BloodRayne, I must regrettably disappoint you all by saying BloodRayne 2 just sucks. I can't believe it, but it is kind of ripping off Jesse James Meets Dracula's Daughter, kind of, but it just isn't any fun.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gosh, John. What a letdown that must have been for you. :laugh:

I gotta tell you. I actually had a copy of BloodRayne in my hand at a used sale (slipcover and everything!) and thought of pulling the trigger just to see what it was all about...but I had enough on my plate this week! Maybe another time. Still contemplating Kristanna Loken, though... :D

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Has anybody had any luck finding the HD DVD version of Troy: Director's Cut?

I can't find it in any local B&M, and every on-line store I've checked has it backordered? What's the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks