– God's Not Dead– 2014 

Posted Image

–The Man Who Knew Too Little – 1997

Posted Image

– The Full Monty – 1997

– Oculus– 2013

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
The Birthday Boys: The Complete FirstSeason $27.98
Californication: The 7th and Final Season $41.38 $21.99
Community: Season Five $29.39 $26.99
Divergent $17.99 $17.99 $15.99
Doctor Who: The 4th Series, Part 1   $14.18
Dream Deceivers $22.98
Getting Go, The Go Doc Project $22.98
God's Not Dead $16.29 $14.99 $14.99
Grizzly $10.99
I'll Follow You Down $22.98
More Than the Rainbow $22.98
Need for Speed $17.99 $17.99
Oculus   $14.96 $14.99 $14.99
Perry Mason Movie Collection:  Volume3 $53.99
Ping Pong Summer $15.78
Transformers Cybertron: The CompleteSeries $31.28
The Trip to Bountiful  [2014] $12.78

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Divergent [Combo Pack] $19.96 $19.99 $19.99
The Full Monty $16.18
God's Not Dead $17.29 $17.99 $16.99
I'll Follow You Down $25.48
The Man Who Knew Too Little $16.98
Need for Speed $22.99 $22.99
Oculus   $19.96 $19.99 $19.99
Phantom of the Paradise CE [Combo Pack] $24.99
Ping Pong Summer $21.78
War Around Us, The   $22.98
Without Warning [Combo Pack] $22.94

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

--BestBuy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with their Blu copiesof Divergent.

--BestBuy also has a deal that you can purchase BOTH God's Not Dead ANDHeaven Is for Real on Blu-ray for just $24.99.  

--The following recentreleases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

HeavenIs for Real: $24.99 Blu.

Noah: $19.99Blu

LoneSurvivor:  $14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu

--BestBuyis advertising FREE Fandango Cash to see The Expendables 3 in thetheater.  Get up to $8 in Fandango Cash with the purchase ofselect titles to see The Expendables 3 in theaters August 15th. Offer expires 9-13-14 in stores.  Fandango Cashexpires 10-10-14 or whenever The Expendables 3 is no longer playing intheaters (whichever comes first).  See specially-markedpackages for details.  Titles shown are $7.99 Blu-rays. They are:  The Expendables, The Expendables 2, and a3-film Stallone  set:  First Blood/Cop Land/Lock Up.

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Targetthis week has anEXCLUSIVE 3-DISC DELUXE EDITION RELEASE of Divergent. Contains bonus DVD with 45 minutes of exclusive features"Beyond the Initiation," "Faction Fashions," and "Setting the Score." Also included:  Divergent-themed temporary tattoosand a FREE Divergent fleece blanket with a Target EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDERonline.  While supplies last.

--Targetis also advertising sales on other Divergent products.  ADivergent hardcover book which includes bonus behind the scenes& interview DVD for $11.99/Paperback $6.99.  And theDivergent soundtrack CD with three EXCLUSIVE SONGS $11.99. Standard Divergent soundtrack CD $8.99. 

--Target Odds and Ends:Lists of $8 and $10 DVDs.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Well, Community is a little pricey for how short the season was, but I may have to knuckle under and buy it anyway (since...y'know...it's Community). Nothing else for me this week. Thanks as always for the update, Mike!

FalconEPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raaj Vakil
Hi. I may go for the Best Buy deal of Heaven is for Real + God's Not Dead (both Combo packs) for $24.99. Is this advertised or online only or in-store only? Thanks Mike.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FalconEPL said:
Hi. I may go for the Best Buy deal of Heaven is for Real + God's Not Dead (both Combo packs) for $24.99. Is this advertised or online only or in-store only? Thanks Mike.
It's advertised in the Sunday flyer, so it will be in store. I think I'll be going for that deal, too.

Not sure if it will be available on line, but I would suspect so.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For anyone new to the RoundUp, all of my info for BB & Target comes from their Sunday flyers and reflects what's available in stores.

The Amazon prices, obviously, come from amazon.com as close to the midnight Saturday posting time as I can get it. Usually a day or so before. Otherwise, I find the Amazon prices turn out not to be too accurate. They change their pricing all the time--to match their competitors and for other reasons.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike!I may have to check out that deal from BB for the two previous "Expendables" movies for $7.99 each combined with the $8.00 Fandango Cash for "Expendables 3". Up to this point this series has been a (very) guilty pleasure rental for me, but at those prices I may want to scoop them up just for the curiosity factor. The third "Expendables" movie is actually getting unusually good advance "word of mouth" in spite of its PG-13 rating. Sad to see that Amazon is not offering "Need for Speed" which pretty much confirms that they're "in negotiation" with Disney. That prompted me to check my preorders for "Hercules" and "Tarzan" and was relieved to see that they're still showing ship dates.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm slated to review The Full Monty and Oculus, but neither has yet arrived. I reviewed Need for Speed a week ago. The review can be found here.

Thanks, Mike!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick up Phantom Of The Paradise and Without Warning this week.

I'd usually pick up Community in a heartbeat but at $27, I'll wait a couple months (at most) and get it on sale. I've got such a backlog that I can wait them out.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Joseph Bolus said:
Thanks Mike!I may have to check out that deal from BB for the two previous "Expendables" movies for $7.99 each combined with the $8.00 Fandango Cash for "Expendables 3". Up to this point this series has been a (very) guilty pleasure rental for me, but at those prices I may want to scoop them up just for the curiosity factor. The third "Expendables" movie is actually getting unusually good advance "word of mouth" in spite of its PG-13 rating.Sad to see that Amazon is not offering "Need for Speed" which pretty much confirms that they're "in negotiation" with Disney. That prompted me to check my preorders for "Hercules" and "Tarzan" and was relieved to see that they're still showing ship dates.
Next weeks Disney titles will be 17.99 at BB on release week. So it's wait and see if Amazon matches that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd like to get Grizzly for the nostalgia value. I remember loving and being scared silly by this film when I was a kid. But it probably won't live up to my fond memories (many favorite films from childhood do not).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
TonyD said:
Next weeks Disney titles will be 17.99 at BB on release week. So it's wait and see if Amazon matches that.
Thank you, Tony. Looks like I'll be canceling on Thursday so I don't get caught with an early delivery.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Stopped in Costco this afternoon. They had a surprising number of Criterion's for $19.99: Charade, Harold and Maude, Blow Out, Dazed and Confused, Life Acquatic, Rushmore...and a few others. I ended up with Blow Out and Dazed and Confused.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Expendables 2 with the 8 bucks off. I was most liekly going anyway, but getting in for 4 bucks (or for the price of a free Blu), how could I pass that up? Even if 3 winds up stinking, 2 was some great fun.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, I stopped by my local Best Buy today to take advantage of that deal for God's Not Dead & Heaven is For Real for $24.99.

Picked up both discs and , to my surprise, my sytore still had steelbooks of Divergent sitting there.

Wasn't planning to pick one up.

But I did.

Oh well. Hope I like it. :biggrin:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Here's my review of Divergent which we watched earlier today. So we're an hour and a half into Divergent and, well Ihh ikmbfe ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks