What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-26-2014 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
sidburyjr said:
All That Jazz -- 31,96 vs 35.96
Golden Age of TV 39.96 vs 44.99 (DVD only so this may not count to your point)

HTH
The point about free shipping (and sales tax in some areas) probably nullifies my comments. I'll wait on these two until some 50% off sale at BN or Criterion.

Dick
+

I'm waiting the see the update on the new releases since there doesn't seem to be any discount yet, but the pre-orders aren't discounted yet, I'm a little worried because I thought All That Jazz was only $32 last week, but I may be confusing it.

The TV set seems to be undiscounted for some reason. There are a couple sets like that one and the Oshima set that aren't being discounted-- not sure what makes those different.

The last figures I saw on Amazon showed around 70% now pay Sales Tax.

The BN B2G1 sale will run from 8/26 through 9/29 (5 wks), but only on Blurays. Unfortunately many of the items that have been $29 appear to bumping up to $36 even as I'm updating so $72 for 3 items doesn't help much without some big coupons.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
David:

Is the B&N B2G1 sale also taking place in-store?
I haven't been to a store, but according the website/fine print it should be both. I suspect the in-store prices are likely to be mostly MSRP. Basically it might be the same as the online prices once the 10% member is included.
$72 for 3 Criterion blurays isn't awful, but even if they allow a 20% item coupon it still sits at $65 which isn't terrible, but nothing that would
entice me to buy now rather than waiting on the next BN 50% sale.

I think the last run I had in July with BN and the current BBY sale when has allowed me to just about finish the Eclipse sets. The BBY 10% Reward Zone Bonus with a BBY CC has helped me jump now rather than
wait/

I think I'll be at 38/40 Eclipse sets and almost all the Blurays except for todays releases which unfortunately never dropped in price. Either I'll wait until Nov to get Oshima's Outlaw and All That Jazz/Vengeance/Love Streams or maybe grab those direct from Criterion if they have there 50%.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks