What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/24/04 (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Anybody seen any reviews of the Lassie movies yet, especially Lassie Come Home?

DDD has them for $9 each.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

[C]Night Stalker/Night Strangler____ _ $12.26 __ $_9.99 __ $10.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ [/c]

Night Stalker/Night Strangler info is now posted in the RoundUp. B&Ms will be carrying this title, although there is a lot of other new material coming out Tuesday. Don't be surprised if its shows up on shelves a few days after Tuesday.

In an unusual twist, I got a Coconuts flyer in my Sunday paper today....so here's what TransWorld is up to this week:

First off, for anyone here who happens to like that picture of Elisha Cuthbert that I posted at the top of this week's RoundUp...Coconuts is having an exclusive free poster giveaway of that very same picture! :emoji_thumbsup:

The Girl Next Door________$_L/P_
Laws of Attraction________$19.99 ($14.99 after mail-in rebate)
The Apprentice____________$35.99
Futurama: Volume 4________$35.99
The Munsters: Season 1____$35.99
Dallas: Seasons 1 & 2_____$35.99
Boy Meets World: Season 1_$39.99

Coconuts is also advertising a ton of DVDs for $6.99:

Bowling for Columbine
The Graduate
Out of Time
Terminator
Uptown Girls
WarGames
Con Air
American Beauty
Crimson Tide
Donnie Brasco
National Security
Enough
Crouching Tiger
Bachelor Party
Brown Sugar
Courage Under Fire
The Seige
The Queens of Comedy
Rat Race
Titanic
Beetlejuice
Rush Hour 2
Training Day
Bronx Tale
Swordfish
8 Mile
American Pie 2
Jurassic Park

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Be Careful if you are shopping at Costco.

Last week I went to one that had "Ella Enchanted" on the shelves early (I know I'm not supposed to name stores that break street dates, but even though Costco may have something on the shelf early, when you get the checkout counter, they won't let you buy it until street.) All I saw there was the full screen edition.

Last week, Costco only had the rated, Pan and Scan version of "Taking Lives" so I'm not sure what that could mean for "The Girl Next Door" but beware.

I really hope these are not signs of Costco going bad.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I preordered Futurama vol 4 because I had something like $30 in gift certificates. Only $4.99 for me!

Nothing else this week.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

I saw it the first time it was broadcast... don't think it will hold up too well. :)

Futurama, on the other hand, is mine!

- Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know, its funny. I almost didn't list New Zoo Revue in the RoundUp. There's usually about 300 new releases each week. New Zoo Revue wasn't even listed by many of my sources as a major release...but, I figured, its a show a lot of my peers grew up with. I, myself, never watched it, but figured it might garner a lot of interest. Nope.

Oh well. This is a rather inexact science. I actually made a decision not to include the Kolchack DVD. D'oh! Better late than never, I guess. :b

There's a lot of crap to wade through each week to get to the stuff I thnk you folks want to see. Wish I could do them all, but I don't think my wife or my boss would like it! :D

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
You do a terrific job of keeping track of things and certainly are a big help in finding the best pricing for a new release. I'm sure you get many compliments and thank yous, but it never hurts to repeat them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Al: I sure do. And I thank you very much and every one else who sends them.

I wasn't fishing with that particular post...just kinda commenting on how there's a lot of interesting stuff and there are a lot of decisions made about what-to-include and what-not-to-include.

You wouldn't believe the number of new Pilates DVDs that can come out on a given week. Or geometry review. Or Girls Gone Wild. It boggles the mind.

But, again, I sure do appreciate hearing from you and everyone else who makes good use of the RoundUp.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Next week's had better include the second volume of "Invader Zim," or I'll be forced to rain cyberspace doom down upon your doomed self (or at least come to your house and sing the "Doom" song non-stop until you acquiesce). :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

Uh, yeah. If I remember, I left the first volume of Invader Zim off the RoundUp--greatly upsetting both Malcolm and Dave Lambert. It took me a while to live that one down. :b

I still contend that I have no idea who Invader Zim is...what he does...where he's from...or most importantly, what he's done to Dave Lambert! ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Neither did I until I purchased Volume 1 blind. Now I'm hooked. I think Ms. Bitters is my favorite, hence my sig. :laugh:

I highly recommend it (plus it's very reasonably priced for a 2-disc set).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And there you have it folks....an unsolicited testimony from Mr. Malcolm R.

And, ladies and gentlemen, believe me when I tell you, I have never seen this man before in my life.

Sir, isn't it true that you and I have never met before this very moment???..... :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those who get the Sunday Los Angeles Times, the back of the Sports or Business page has the Fry's ad showing Girl Next Door for $14.99 (I believe, I'm working from memory, the ad is at home). So head over to your local Fry's or take the ad in to your local pricematching BM!

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Not to toot my own horn but my local brick and mortar broke the street date on Invader Zim last Tuesday (8/10/04). Needless to say I snatched that badboy up for $15.99, thus forsaking the (in all probability) release sale of $12.99, but hey! I had to have it, cuz that Invader Zim is one funny MOFO. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks