What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/23/2005 (2 Viewers)

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the new 3 Disc "Gladiator", and "The Transporter" SDE. I had to visit 4 stores to FINALLY come across a copy of "Oldboy" at Suncoast's highway robbery solid MSRP of $24.99. Tartan has really got to iron out their retail distribution issues here in the States.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
#$%^&&* Best Buy!

So I go in and they have about 50 copies of Ring 2 on display. While examining my copy I notice it's Full Frame so I put it back and go for a WS.

Not one.

I head up to the New Release display and there are only two copies there -- Full Frame. So I ask the girl, I say "Where's the Widescreen version of Ring 2 hiding?" And she says "We didn't get any in. I don't think it's coming out in Widescreen."

I couldn't hide my annoyance. "Of course it is." and I walk out.

So, over to Circuit City where all they had were WS and slipcased to boot (none of BBs were). And the counter girl was way cuter so that was, like, a bonus.

-paul
(i was going for the reward zone and price match otherwise i would have gone to CC first)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And, Paul, don't forget:

4.) and, was $2 cheaper than at BB!

That sounds like a golden sombrero to me....but in a good way! :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm actually kind of surprised about the OAR/MAR issue at BB. It's been a long time since I've heard that particular complaint about a BB.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I wasn't gonna get anything, but seeing as Billy Madison SE is being sold individually...and the BF wants Bridget Jones 2 to complete his collection...I guess I'm going out soon for my last BB trip in the great state of Michigan.

Thanks Mike and Patrick!!!

RafaelB

Second Unit
As an FYI:

Once & Again S2 was not on sale at Best Buy, it was regular price $50.99. Glad I ordered from amazon. ;)

Rafael.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Lots of new releases at Target this week that were not shown in the paper:
Good Times S5 $24.99
Life As We Know It $34.99
Kung Fu S3 $34.99
What's Happening S3 $24.99
New Jack City SE $19.99
Layer Cake $19.99
Dust to Glory $19.99
Witness SE $14.99
Truman Show SE $14.99
Ring 2 (Unrated) $16.99*
Futurama $9.99
Boy Meets World S3 $34.99

*- My Target has the Unrated version in WS only and the Rated version in FF only.

oh, and nothing for me this week!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Couple of Fry's and Wal-Mart prices I found today:

Fry's:

Adam-12 - $33.99
Emergency! - $33.99
What's Happening!! - $19.99

Wal-Mart:

Adam-12 - $30.64
Emergency! - $30.64
What's Happening!! - N/A

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Not seeing any of the three "must haves" for the week in either the Best Buy or Circuit City ads, I decided to head over the the Wal Mart near work (in San Bernardino, CA). I found Emergency! and Adam-12 for $25.44 and Dust to Glory for $14.44. I noticed several copies The Ring 2 - Unrated packaged with a free DVD for $14.44 so I grabbed one of those as well. The bonus DVD features "the scariest scenes from all of the Ringu films" or something like that.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
For the single disc edition, yes, considering it's virtually half price. That said, there's a 2 disc SE, and that runs between $24.99 and $29.99.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I grabbed Gladiator at Fry's for 22.99, noticed they had Layer Cake for $17.99, so I grabbed it and saved myself a trip to CC.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My Costco carried Band of Brothers and it DOES qualify for the $20 immediate discount. Net price is $44.xx.

Steve

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I got Band of Brothers at Circuit City today for their advertised price and am happy with it.

I'm not a member at Costco, but that's an incredible price on an incredible mini-series.

JKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks