What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/12 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City is continuing with their "Buy 1 for $9.99, get one free" sale for the following DVD titles:

Hoodlum
Get Shorty
Original Sin
Battle of Britian
Roadhouse
Body Of Evidence
Y Tu Mama Tabien
The Fog
Zulu
Last American Virgin (8-5 release)
Flamingo Kid (8-5 release)
Bright Lights, Big City
Ronin
Rocky 2
Rocky 3
Breakin'
Breakin' 2
Robocop
Showgirls
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Killing Me Softly
Lambada
Bandits
When Harry Met Sally
What's the Worst That Could Happen?
Remo Williams
Rage of Honor
White Lightning
Gator
Kingpin

$12.99
Jeepers Creepers: Special Edition
Pearl Harbor: (2-Disc Set)
The Bourne Identity
The Master Of Disguise
The Others: Collector's Series
Undercover Brother

----------

Best Buy

2 DVDs for $20:
We Were Soldiers
K19 The Widowmaker
The Last of the Mohicans
Sling Blade
The Sum of All Fears
Changing Lanes
High Crimes
Crimson Tide

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Wow...Best Buy has the Paper Moon for $9.99?!? I'm all over that one! I would highly recommend this Peter Bogdanovich classic to any of you who have never seen it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Woo hoo! A free week for my wallet! Thanks for the work as usual Dave!

Uh-oh, I just saw Patrick's Roundup Addendum, I'm trying to find one more title at CC to make Ronin worth the purchase... :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
$9.99 is the MSRP for the Bogdanovich releases this week--Targets, Paper Moon & Daisy Miller. So I wouldn't get too worked up about that being a deal (other than being a great MSRP for the movie, which I agree it certainly is). I'm really fired up about finally getting to see Targets in widescreen---it seems to suffer in P&S. Movies about movies should be in OAR at all times.

Nice news about the Xanadu price drop--I'd toyed with the idea of picking this up and now I think Universal has convinced me.

Thanks again, David!

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Hmmm Babylon 5 Season 3 is now cheaper at Amazon.ca than when I pre-ordered it last month.

Pre-order price in July CDN$82.18
Current price CDN$76.31
I just canceled & re-ordered.

There was a $5 off coupon floating around last month you may want to search for it.

FYI it is only $1 to upgrade to Expedited International Shipping. From my experience it is very much worth it.

Total shipped with $5 coupon US $59.17

Todd

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the head's up on the lower price for Babylon 5 at amazon.ca. I just emailed them asking to credit me the difference. Hopefully it will ship soon.

John Choi

Agent
Does anyone know what would happen if I purchase Futurama Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 at Best Buy, get the $10 discount and then returned Vol. 1? Would I get the full purchase price of Vol. 1 back or the full purchase price minus $10? Perhaps they'll split the difference and just give me the full purchase price for Vol. 1 and subtract $5.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
For all you Babylon 5 addicts (like myself), Fry's has The Complete Third Season included as one of their Specials this week for $59.99.
Do you know how long this price is good for?

As for the $5.00 coupon for Amazon.ca...has anyone found it?

Thanks...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The Amazon.ca deal seems pretty sweet. Can anyone explain to me if share-the-love applies here, and how it works?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I'll pick up B5 Season 3 at Sam's, but if they don't have it, I'll head over to Best Buy, which is a block farther up the road. I had scratched discs for both seasons 1 and 2, so I didn't bother ordering this one online.

I may pick up Beast Wars too.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
so does anyone know about House of 1000 corpses. I just saw a commercial for it and they didn't mention a uncut version...getting a little worried.

Troy

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Troy,

I'm fairly certain that H1KC is the theatrical cut. Like 94.321% positive.

Welcome back, Lambo! A lovely Tuesday for me! Futurama Season 2 is something I'm VERY excited for.

And today is the first time I'll ever get to see my beloved Paper Moon in its OAR. :) (How's Daisy Miller btw? I got Targets queued up at Netflix!) :emoji_thumbsup:

Oh and don't forget that P.S. Your Cat is Dead comes out today. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TARGET'S LOW PRICES:
$24.99 - Futurama Season 2
$15.99 - Head of State
$15.99 - Lizzie McGuire Movie

Wow...I was really wrong about Futurama...I was sure it would not be that low! Off to the store...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks