What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-1-2006 (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I'll probably be picking up all of the seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm in one "swell foop" at Best Buy this week.

Regards,

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There's a thread in the HT Software folder about A Fish Called Wanda. Basically (I have this from my contacts at Sony) it's been rescheduled for an as-yet-unspecified date. So it's not cancelled permanently, but they don't have a definite date yet.

Keep an eye on that thread -- I'll post there when I get more information.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
While I frequently do decide to wait for Blu-HD these days, I definitely intend to get V FOR VENDETTA.
I'd love to get the BB edition with the mask (I'm sure I can think of SOMEWHERE to stand with it in November), but I've heard the mask can be had for less. Is this true OUTSIDE of a comic con?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have bought nothing since Boondock Saints SE, and my first new purchase will be V :D The question is, which one?

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up at Best Buy:

$8.99
Munich

$3.99
Eternal Sunshine
Swat
Red Dragon
Sneakers
Van Helsing
Wimbeldon - For the gf

I've been cutting back on the DVD buying for my budget, but you can't beat a DVD for sale at a rental price.

I wish the Kingdom of Heaven DC would go on sale. I just watched the theater cut on HBO HD and really want to see the extended cut.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Question: Do you know if the sale at Cicuit City will still be going on this Saturday? Cuz, don't their sales start on Sunday?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

They will indeed still be going on Saturday, Wendy. The sale cycles at BB, CC & Target is Sunday thru Saturday at all three stores.

The only problem is...oftimes by the time Saturday rolls around...pickin's are slim.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

According to the V FOR VENDETTA thread in Software, the mask isn't full-size.
I still need to think about it - I don't know if I want to spend the extra $15. Usually these Best Buy exclusives are decent deals (King Kong was an amazing deal, the Tommy Boy w. bobble head and Office Space sets were fairly priced) but this one is way more expensive. And it's just the four 'posters' (cards) and a tchotchke mini-mask.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

The DVDs will be packaged with "exclusive" $20 bills (sorry, no rainchecks---good while supplies last.)

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy also has an unadvertised selection of Lionsgate titles at $5.99 this week, including SNL: Best of Christopher Walken, SNL: Best of John Belushi, SNL: Best of Chris Farley, SNL Best of Will Ferrell Vol. 2, The Punisher, High Tension, Requiem For a Dream (Director's Cut), American Psycho (Deluxe), Open Water and others.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Just for clarification, what I was suggesting was, it would all be in the same thread. Just the grid you enter would have 3 sections (or 3 smaller grids, if you will). One for SD, one for HD and one for BR. This way folks could lock in on the one they were interested in. Thanks for the consideration.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just picked up 2 Disc Vendetta at CC with the lithograph In store price was actually $24.99 not $29.99 as listed (and I got them to price match BB at $22.99). The lithograph isn't anything special, but hey, it was free. I checked out the BB set also, but the 5" mask and poster cards were hardly worth $35 IMO.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Anyone get Beavis and Butthead at Target? I saw some sets there stating that the 2 new cartoons were included, but some that purchased it at Target at the DVDTalk forum are complaining that they can't find the 2 cartoons (can't tell whether they bought marked copies or not).

I'm wondering if the 2 "new to dvd cartoons" are even Beavis and Butthead... I can see them throwing a couple of "Milton" cartoons on there...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks