What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-1-2006 (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I want V for Vendetta, but I am going to hold out for the HD DVD version. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. :frowning:

Mike<> C

Stunt Coordinator
I notice everyone is opting for the 2 disc V, I just cant justify the 10 differance in price Ill get the one disc along with some 3.99 specials.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Finally, after years of waiting...Alice in Wonderland !!!! One of my favorite mini-series. I would like to get the Alice/R&H Cinderella..does anyone know how much that is?

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Just Blue Collar TV:Season 2 for me and an HD version of V whenever it may come out. Thank you for the prices Mike and Patrick.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Sure hope you guys are wrong about "Wanda." Not only do I want it for myself, but I chose it as one of the week's top DVD picks in the paper this week; I'd hate to have been inaccurate (even though it's through no fault of my own). Also, it's already been pushed back once -- it was originally scheduled for a few months ago.

Thanks for adding the title, Mike.

(And if anyone is wondering, the other titles I spotlit this week were V For Vendetta, What the Bleep, Shaggy Dog and The Comeback. But the only ones I will actually buy for myself are V and Wanda.)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I'm curious as to what's going on with A Fish Called Wanda, so any updates will be much appreciated.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

I never bought this before but I may at this price. I've been spending too much on things for the new home to buy HT stuff recently.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Definate:

Beavis & Butt-head: Volume 3, Jimmy Buffett: Live at Wrigley, V for Vendetta SE (2-disc)

Sooner or later:

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 5, Elvis: ’68 Comeback Special, Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii, Good Times: Season 6, Richard Pryor: Live in Concert, Shaggy Dog (2006), What the Bleep Do We Know? SE

Will also try and pick up: Scent of a Woman, Wimbledon, Sneakers, Get Rich or Die Trying, Nanny McPhee, and am thinking about picking up the Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons @ $21.99 each.

ry

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Just a suggestion, if it's too much trouble, we'd understand. But I think 3 grids would be better, first SD releases, then HD-DVD releases, then Blu-Ray releases.

As it is I lok over the list, see a title, then realize, oh, it's just a reissue on BR or HD.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've already got my copy of Mr. Moto Collection Volume 1 which is probably the only thing on my radar this week. Costco should have this for $35.87 or so for those wanting to pick it up there.

Thanks for the round-up.

Steve

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Good gravy! How soon before they just start giving these things away? :eek:

It's cheaper than renting...probably why I haven't rented a DVD in years. ;)

And Mike, is that Final Destination deal really still valid at BB, or is that a carryover from last week?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Going to be tough deciding where to get Beavis and Butthead vol 3 as each store seems to have their own exclusives. Anyone have any more details on what is on the Target and Best Buy exclusive discs?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

What Final Destination deal at BB?!?!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Oooops! You guys are the best proofreaders around! At least its good to know people are reading the damn thing each week! :D

BTW...I fogrot to post--for anyone interested in the Star Trek Fan Collective: Klingon title released this week--I started THIS separate thread on an apparent mis-pricing at circuitcity.com where its priced at $11.99. Deal is still active as of this moment.

That's $16 bucks cheaper than the advertised in-store price.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Wouldn't be too hard. What do the rest of you guys think?! LMK here.

I make a habit of not listing re-issues. In fact, there's a huge bunch of re-issues out this very week. Old titles, new packaging. The one that honked me off most was the original Fonda/Ball "Yours, Mine & Ours". Fancy new look...same old full-screen release! :thumbsdown: How can you take a movie about a family of 20 people and release it pan-and-scan?!?!?! The worse part about it is that the prior packaging features a beautiful wide-screen shot of the entire cast on the back...and just below is the dreaded "modified to fit your screen". :angry:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I picked up 6 catalog titles at Circuit City:

$3.99 each:
Dazed & Confused: Flash Back Edition
Blue Crush
Van Helsing
Undercover Brother

$5.99 each:
The Constant Gardner
Schindler's List

For some reason:
Seabiscuit - This had a sticker referring to Lost in Translation's Oscar nominations.

I was going to use the CC ad to get the widescreen version of Peter Pan at Best Buy for $3.99, but BB had only one copy that had a floater inside the case. CC only had the fullscreen version of Peter Pan.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well...

My Metropolis finally arrived yesterday from DDD (Dog Day Afternoon should be coming this week). Already picked up Futurama 2 and 4 (finishing off that set), Fantastic Four and Schindler's List.

Will be getting V for Vendetta on Tuesday. Where, though, is still up for discussion.

Thanks guys!

Ed Faver

Second Unit
What aweek!! I hadn't spent much on DVDs in the ast month. Today was a great day!

Picked up:

Futurama Vols. 2, 3, 4
The Constant Gardener
American Pie 2 (NR)
American Wedding (NR)
The Hulk 2 Disc
Intolerable Cruelty
S.W.A.T.
The Bone Collector

for $97.43

It was a very good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks