What's new

Weekly Roundup 7-8-2008 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the single disc version i saw is widescreen, also the one for sale at BBV has an exclusive cd rom comic of
Batman year one.
could e only the first issue or all 4 i dont know.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Anyone know what prices Batman on Blu will be at Wall*Mart? I'm wanting to get Begins and Gotham Knight. No ads and I won't be able to get over there much before tomorrow morning. According to their website, these won't be available in store. That's strange.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I thought that was weird, too. I may be in Wal-Mart later today; if they have any copies, I'll sing out.

Has anybody noticed if the 2-disc Gotham Knight is readily available in Target stores? They seem to have the best price...

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I dropped by my local Wal Mart today here in Indianapolis - no sign of Batman Begins on Blu Ray anywhere. They did however have Batman : Gothman Knight available at $29.99 - I'll order it from Amazon instead.

Regards,

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Okay, Thanks!

I may still get the 2-Disc Batman: Gotham Knight, but I prefer having the option. Thanks again!

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Wasn't going to get anything but I changed my mind. I got the Mummy & The Mummy Returns 2 disc deluxe editions at Wal Mart for $15 each minus 10% employee discount (brother works there) & $5 papajohns coupon. Ended up $22 + tax for 4 disc (& two tickets to Mummy 3). I'll ebay my 2 old one disc sets. The clincher was when I read a review that it was a vastly improved remastered picture for both.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's a random question...

I suddenly found myself in the market to buy the SD-DVD of The Usual Suspects.

This is a film I know nothing about...and have therefore paid very little attention to it's pricing patterns. Is this something I should find pretty cheap somewhere? Not necessarily the Wal-Mart $5 bin...but is this generally a $9.99-type title...or something closer to $14.99 or $19.9?

Any help?

EDIT** Would anyone happen to know off-hand if Target carries it? I think I'm heading there tonight.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

FYE, of all places, is starting to have some good pricing on Blu Rays. Batman Begins at $19.99 and Gotham Knights at $24.99 plus your 10% off if a member. Not as good as Amazon, but not bad for retail either.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My local FYE had the BD of Batman Begins for $22.99 marked down from $26.99. Maybe they do the regional pricing thing, too.

But I noticed that they so, indeed--sometimes--have some good BD prices. Some, however, remain really high.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Damn, i got a good deal. I did a pre-order off the Warner site, with a 20% off code, and enough for free shipping...my final cost for Batman Begins on Blu-ray...$14.96

I tell ya guys, look for those codes, they save some Blu-ray coin on the Warner site!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
should have done a little more digging you would have found a 30% off code that works when you buy at least 2 items.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't recall seeing this anywhere in the thread, so...

BB has all three seasons of Batman Beyond for $12.99 each, The Batman S1-4 for $9.99 each and Batman: The Animated Series for $17.99 each.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anyone know what the price is on the Batman Begins Blu-ray gift set at Target by chance? The only thing in their ad, and by extension the Roundup grid, is the by-itself Blu-ray and the SD gift set.

Also, I was in a local Wal-Mart on Thursday and they WERE carrying the standalone Blu-ray of Begins but were sold out. I did not see Gotham Knight in any of its forms. FYI.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Picked up a BD of Batman Begins at Best Buy tonight (while still on sale for $19.99) and used a $5 RZ Cert. to bring it down to $14.99. :emoji_thumbsup:

Also...my wait paid off and I found a used BD copy of Master & Commander at my local FYE for $21! I don't think I've seen it priced lower than $34.99 at a B&M. This was one of the few must-haves for me...but I still waited until I saw a "decent" price. Still too rich for a double-dip...but I am soooo looking forward to the lossless audio track. The DTS track of the SD release is my absolute favorite. I wish they all could be that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks