What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-31-2007 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

thats why i put the post and the surprised guy in there.

for you using the colorized shot and the disc being colorized.

:eek:

JackKay

Second Unit
A question for anyone in the know.
--Target has it’s own EXCLUSIVE DELUXE EDITION of 300 on DVD (2-disc set). It includes a FREE MOVIE DOWNLOAD OF 300 (FULL THEATRICAL VERSION) for PC or mobile device. Includes exclusive “Making of 300” download. Quantity limited. No rainchecks.

Target has this advertised in their flyer and web site, but is not advertising the HD-DVD combo. Mike posted the sale price of the combo, and I was wondering if it will also come with the free download? Anybody know?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Film Noir 4 and Popeye for me in the first of what will be a very expensive few weeks for me.

Hawaii Five-0 S2 will be bypassed until it is determined to what extent these episodes are edited (per the warning CBS apparently put on the back of the box). It's already been confirmed that one entire episode is missing (although to be fair it hasn't been seen since the original airing).

Thanks for the Round-Up!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I, unfortunately, don't know, Jack. My guess would be no...since I don't think their "Deluxe Edition" promos have ever extended into their high-def versions for sale at their stores.

But you are probably thinking that the HD-DVD combo set comes with the SD-DVD... I see. Well, I guess we'll find out Tuesday. I'm still thinking no...even though it would make all the sense in the world.

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
300, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz in HD for me. Too bad that Kung Fu Hustle SE isn't in HD too. Oh well, maybe someday...

Thanks guys... I hope that you help me find creative ways to spend my money for many years to come!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Big week for me with HD DVDs. Already got my HD DVD of 300....awaiting Shaun of the Dead, Sea Of Love, & Hot Fuzz. :cool:

Nice work Mike. :)

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

From where did you ordered that they sent it out so soon ?? (Maybe you can't tell around here??)

I placed my HD-DVD '300' pre-order from Amazon on 7/04 along with other tittles and they haven't shipped out any titles at all yet, I just checked and they are still indicating "shipping soon" with August dates.

This is the first time this kind of delay ever happened to me with Amazon..

Is it because this time around I included a ‘pre-order’ tittle in a 'free shipping' order??

Matt Shiv

Agent

I usually will not shop there, but I went over around Midnight tonight to try and snag one of these exclusive bonus discs. I do not know if this is across the board, but I asked the guy at my local store to double check the boxes that they hadn't stocked out yet...and they ONLY had the bonus disc with the full screen pack.

If there aren't any of these exclusive discs packed with a widescreen copy of the film, I am pretty disappointed. I would love to get this instead of importing the R2 edition, but refuse to buy the full screen version.

To make matters more interesting, I have heard that all of the features (including bonus commentaries) are on the HD-DVD edition, although not clearly marked on the packaging. I haven't gone HD yet, but with the hybrid disc I am tempted to just pick that up now. Not sure what I am going to buy here, but I want this movie. Why does Universal have to make things so difficult to pick up a definitive copy of a movie that I enjoyed?

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator

Matt, same deal here in eastern North Carolina. Two Wal-Mart visits this morning, and only FS for the Hot Fuzz 2-packs. (And it appears this bonus disc does feature all the bonus features left off the R1 standard.) I asked the lady in the electronics dept. if I could switch the FS for the WS edition, and she said no. According to her, they're only shipping the bonus disc with FS. What insanity is this!?! Universal and Wal-Mart should know that the only people (or at least the vast majority) who'd be interested in extra features prefer WS to FS. Then again, it's an ingeniously evil way to make fans have to buy TWO copies.

UPDATE: Lurking through the DVDtalk forum, I noticed a shopper in NH did find a WS Hot Fuzz 2-pack, but there appear to be precious few.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Hot Fuzz and 300 for me this week.

Im about to go Walmart during my lunch hour to get these(only Big Box around my office) to see what they had.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

Never mind, Amazon's customer service replied with the answer, the reason is exactly what I thought it was, my mistake when choosing shipping options.

Too many hoops...:confused:

I'll have to wait a few days extra for my '300' copy..:frowning:

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Bah I hate Wal-Mart
Found 300 but asked the lady about the Hot Fuzz bonus disc and only said they got Fullscreen copies and I asked to subsitute and she said no. Going to try the other one by house to see if they have it.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I called two walmarts and the second one had the bonus hot fuzz disc in stock, it was hard to find as almost all of them were fullscreen but luckily I was able to snag one, sadly I was too late to get a spartan helmet at best buy. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks