What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7/26/2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
To baseball fans in general, yes. But to Red Sox fans, their "World Series" was beating the Yankees in the LCS. Had they lost to the Cardinals, I think most Sox fans would have still been happy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don't want to sidetrack my own thread....

But, Scott: THIS Red Sox fan was deliriously happy after the ALCS....but we still NEEDED to win the World Series against the Cards to close the deal. Otherwise, we would still be listening to those damn chants of "nineteen-eighteen" (am I glad they're gone!). Winning the pennant wouldn't have been enough -- 1946, 1967, 1975, 1986 didn't make any of it go away. 2004 did.

I hope to get that set someday. Unfortunately, its too rich for my blood right now. I'm pleased all 11 games of the post-season are included--even the first three ALCS games. They provide the context for what's to follow.

Does anyone know yet if the set will be anamorphic WS? I watched these games in HD and I'd be mighty disappointed to buy these and have then be 4:3.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Sweet! Great deals for an RZ member like myself! I will be picking up The Brady Bunch S2 for just $15 because I have a $5 RZ GC too. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
All I need, is this first ever widescreen video edition of "The Jerk"... and this Errol Morris box set from MGM ... and this lampshade.

Regards,

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
I think this is the third version of the disc. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I've never bought it. The first release was 4:3, the second was 1.85:1, but it was part of a bigger Steve Martin Box set, IIRC. Neither edition had any extras to speak of, again IIRC.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Classic Steve Martin Box set had the same 4:3 version of "The Jerk" as had previously been available. The other two films ("The Lonely Guy" and "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid") were letterboxed, but not 16:9 enhanced.

Regards,

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
YES!!!!!!!

Errol Morris DVD Collection FINALLY!!!!

I've been waiting OH SOOOOO long for Vernon FL to be released again. It has been OOP WAY toooooo long.

I've only seen this via a copy of a copy of a copy of a bad VHS dub. Can't wait!

Ronnie

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Some excellent prices at Costco this week.

Enterprise - $82.49
The Jerk - $11.99
Benny Hill - $29.99
Mary Tyler Moore - $18.59

They also have MTM season 1 for $18.59. Anyone who didn't pick it up before because of the price, could get it cheap now. Of course, for those of us who passed on it because of the edited episode, a price drop doesn't help. :frowning:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I know this isn't it, but seeing "Hotel" being released makes me wish they were releasing the movie based on Arthur Hailey's book staring Rod Taylor.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Thanks George! I went to Sam's Club and this title was MIA at my store. I'll be going to Costco for this.

Steve

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious to see how Mary Tyler Moore does in sales. I went to Best Buy this morning and there were only two copies left in the New release section (OK, one copy after I snagged mine!) and none in the "M" section of the TV DVD Sets area...which looked as though it HAD been full with about a dozen or so copies at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks