–Scanners– 1981 

Posted Image

–Armored Attack– 1943

Posted Image

– Arch of Triumph– 1948

–Pickpocket– 1959

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Arch of Triumph $22.98
Armored Attack / North Star [1943] $22.98
Ball of Fire $14.97
Black Dynamite: Season One $26.98
Cedar Cove: Season One $19.99
Dead End $14.97
Hell on Wheels: The Complete Third Season $21.99 $21.99 $19.99
How the West Was Won: The Complete SecondSeason $33.98
The Junior Spy Agency $17.98
The Little Foxes $14.97
Northern Light $22.98
Orphan Black: Season Two $19.96 $16.99
Pickpocket [Criterion Collection] $22.98
Rio 2 $14.99 $14.99 $15.99
Scanners [Criterion Collection]  $25.46
Under the Skin $14.59

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Arch of Triumph $27.98
Armored Attack / North Star [1943] $27.98
Black Dynamite: Season One $35.99
Deadly Eyes [Combo Pack] $22.94
Hell on Wheels: The Complete Third Season $39.99 $28.99 $24.99
Jim Brown: I Escaped From Devil's Island/ The Final Option [Double Feature] $17.97
Lara Croft Tomb Raider/Tomb Raider: TheCradle of Life [Double Feature] $16.98
Orphan Black: Season Two $19.99 $19.99
Pickpocket [Criterion Collection DualFormat] $33.96
Rio 2   $17.99 $17.99 $19.99
Rio 2 3D [Combo Pack] $22.99 $22.99 $27.99
Road to Paloma   $17.96
Scanners [Criterion Collection DualFormat] $33.96
Under the Skin   $22.49

TheDisclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

--BestBuy, this week, is advertising a CD/DVD Deluxe Edition of SuicideSilence: You Can't Stop Me for $12.99. 

--BestBuy also has the following releases on sale this week:

Rio: DVD $4.99/Blu $7.99

Houseof Cards: Season 2:  DVD $29.99/Blu $34.99

FallingSkies: Season 3:  DVD $19.99/Blu $24.99

--The followingBlu-ray releases are on sale this week at Best Buy for $11.99:

TheWolf of Wall Street, Anchorman 2, R.I.P.D., 2 Guns, Much Ado AboutNothing, Pitch Perfect.

--Pre-OrderDawn of the Planet of the Apes at Best Buy and get 100 Bonus "My BestBuy" points.  May not be combined with other bonus pointoffers.  Limit one bonus point offer per movie title, with atotal of 100 points maximum possible per membership.  Valid7-13-14 thru 7-19-14.

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: Noneto report.

--Targetthis week is advertising a new release called LEGO: Legends of Chima:Season 1 Part 2 on DVD for $12.99.

--Targetis also advertising the following DVDs on sale this week:  Rio $9, Now You See Me $7.99, Olympus Has Fallen $9.99, more instore.. 

--Target has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$9.99:  Shameless: Season 3, Gossip Girl: Season 6.
$17.99:  Covert Affairs: Season4, Psych: Season 8

--Target has the following Blu-ray titles on sale this week for $11.99: World War Z, Fast & Furious 6, Anchorman 2, RideAlong, Bad Grandpa, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Nut Job, more in store.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp!

Back to the old review stand: I'm slated for Rio 2 but I haven't received the review copy yet. I wanted to review Arch of Triumph but no review copy was forthcoming.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always for your usual great work, Mike!
TravisR said:
Best Buy's price on Orphan Black: Season Two is pretty good too.
I thought the same thing. I've been avoiding Amazon purchases whenever feasible since their spat with Warner Bros, but when I got a price alert that the second season of "Orphan Black" had dropped below $20, I was very tempted to just make the plunge. I held off for the RoundUp, and now I'm glad I'll just be able to walk into a B&M store and grab a copy for the same price.You don't see the big price drops with BBC titles that you see with the major studios, so $19.99's probably as good as it's going to get for a long while.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peter McM said:
Surprised you've not posted any pics of Miss Scarlett. :wub:
Renting Under the Skin from library while I wait for better price.
Yikes! Totally missed that Under the Skin was a ScarJo vehicle!

Better late than never is my motto, Peter! Thanks for the heads up!

AN39437930Under-The-Skin-15.jpg

under-the-skin-Scarlett-Johansson-Under-The-Skin_rgb.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I PO'd Under the Skin the moment it came up on Amazon. Also ordered Afternoon of a Faun(the Tanny story).

I also have the SM Under the Skin(great flick).

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I posted my review of Scanners this evening, which streets tomorrow. Solid release for fans (and newblies interested in good movies!)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Just found Under the Skin listed at $17.49 on Amazon, and grabbed it since I hadn't ordered earlier.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BBy has it listed for 14.99, but apparently the stores are having trouble finding the copies that are supposedto be in store. According to a couple of BBY Stockers/Anderson folks the copies were boxed and sent outlabelled -- For Display 7/20 in some sort of special display so they're aren't in the boxes for thisweeks new releases. It may get straightenedd out by the weekemd once corporate figures out if this wassome sort of National glitch.It was available for order online, but last I checked it was backordered a couple weeks if you want themearlier.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Someone told me Amazon matched the BB $14.99 price on their order for Under the Skin. Mine's in transit, to arrive tomorrow. Is there a way to ask for that price match online? Does one have to call them? Is it too late in any event, in my case?

I can live without this one, but I thought I should ask, and begin educating myself on how people go about getting all of this price matching I hear about. :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For an after the fact PM, I'd call or chat. Unless they balk at teh backorder deal, then I'd say a good chance you'llbe allowed a "One time exception." I know several folks were allowed that yesterday when they called.Some people visiting BBY stores are now finding them on the New Release stand even though the Instore inventorystill says not available, so if you there anyway it might be worth a shot to look or ask,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks