What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7/13/04 (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
But the original edition won't have the free ticket;)

So the decision is DTS vs free ticket for Supremacy. Unless you get a cheap copy of the original.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Actually, I forgot to mention they also dropped the Director's Commentary track, as well.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
There's nothing I have to get this week. Afew things that I might have to pick up later but nothing huge.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It was intended as part of the slate of Universal noir releases from last week (This Gun for Hire, Criss Cross, The Big Clock, and Black Angel). It was postponed indefinitely shortly after the initial announcement. I hope they do something special with it in the near future. In the mean time, I've got my not-so-hot Image release of it to keep me warm. :)

Regards,

richardWI

Second Unit
finally a week when I can take a breather! thanks for the reports as always, It's the first thing I look for every sunday morning!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

It's entertaining enough. As others have suggested I would recommend tracking down the "old" collector's edition for cheap instead of the latest release (unless you can get it for an equivalent price and you really want that ticket).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yes. Especially if you enjoy chase/action movies in a similar style as "The French Connection." More stylized choreography than today's usual CGI-fest.

If you enjoy DTS and think you might want to listen to the Director's Commentary, look for the original "Collector's Edition" DVD. :)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Justice League: Starcrossed for my son (well, for me really). That was a great episode and I enjoyed it.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Definately a quiet week here this week. FYE/Strawberries/Coconuts, etc. aren't helping much either.

But for those interested, here are their DVD rebates for this week's new releases. These all run until 7/26:

$7 rebate on Agent Cody Banks 2 which will end up at $13 after the rebate.

$5 rebates each on:

Against the Ropes ($15 after rebate)
Bourne Identity Extended Ed. ($18 after)
Never Die Alone ($17 after)

Ah well, slow week, cheap rebates.

As for me, I'll probably be getting Manchurian Candidate from Deep Discount DVD.

Happy shopping!

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Do all the new Bourne Identity have the free ticket in them. I didn't see it on the packaging at fye. They also didn't have the rebate sign next to it at my store. I should have asked to see the coupon rather than just ask the sales person if there was anything new on it.

The Fry's that just opened here has it for $14.99.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hmm. Just gave the original BOURNE IDENTITY a rent for the first time. Loved it, want it. I want the CE release -- but will that still be easy to find now that the EEE is out? I don't do online shopping much so I'm concerned with finding it at a normal brick & mortar store for a nice price (under $20 would be good.) Any ideas?

Also - what's retail on it? I thought it got a price drop a while back but Amazon still lists it as $26.98 or thereabouts for the original CE.

On the flip side, just in case I can't track one down, anyone know what Target's price on the EEE version of Bourne is? Thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, George!

Jake: If you ever buy previously viewed DVDs, the WS CE of The Bourne Identity can be found in almost all of my local shops in the $9.99 to $12.99 range. That's what I did recently (before I even knew a re-release was on the way!). I had seen a trailer for The Bourne Supremacy and thought it looked pretty good but had never seen TBI, so I went looking for a cheap copy--found one--and was thrilled. The DTS kicks ass. Haven't listened to the DD to compare. I would suspect that some stores might be lowering their price on their older copies (the CE) of THB, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
More $7.50 DVDs at Target (may have to look for endcaps for these DVDs, sale might end 7/17/04 on some titles I think):

SNL: Best of Will Ferrell
Young Guns SE
Life of Brian
Time Bandits
Ladykillers
The Big Lebowski
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrells
Scorpion King
Biker Boyz
Reservoir Dogs
The Quiet Man
My Best Friend's Wedding