What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-7-11 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just got back from Target, too.

Picked up OUATITW ($10) and Platoon ($14.99).

I'll kick myself later for not picking up Rio Lobo and Big Jake.

Mike, your commitment is always appreciated. I always wonder if any casual passersby are concerned by the strange man huddled over his laptop late Saturday night by the library...

One night, Tim, a sheriff's cruiser drove by...but they didn't even slow down. Guess they figured it was "just that weirdo posting his on-line list of DVD prices again!"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For $10 that's a great deal for those titles and will most likely be sold out by Tuesday.

Crawdaddy

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Stopped at Target as soon as I could this morning to pick up Once Upon A Time in the West.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I would have bought the Superman set if I hadn't just recently bought the stand-alone BD release of S:TM. As it is, just the True Grit remake for me this week.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Got to Target just in time today, scoring the last Once Upon a Time in the West and the second to last Rio Lobo. The latter wasn't even identified as being on sale, just had its $17.99 price displayed, but it rang up fine.

I still love going to brick & mortar stores and being able to grab something, but it's just incredible how sloppy they are these days, and how much you have to know going in.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I totally agree Matt and I am voting my displeasure with my wallet.

Still waiting on Community, myself.

Also pretty ticked off that the new AC/DC concert is only available on Blu in the expensive tchotchke "collector's" edition.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Aaron Silverman said:
Quote:

Still waiting on Community, myself.

Also pretty ticked off that the new AC/DC concert is only available on Blu in the expensive tchotchke "collector's" edition.

I don't think that's true, unless I'm not following what you mean by only on blu. It isn't this..... http://www.amazon.com/Let-There-Be-Rock-Ac/dp/B004NJC0B6/ref=sr_1_60?s=dvd

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think what Aaron means, Tony, is that there's a "basic" and "Limited Collector's Edition" for the DVD...but ONLY a "Limited Collector's Edition" on Blu-ray (no "basic" version).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If anyone cares, I picked up the Superman Anthology Blu ray at Costco for $84.99. Not a huge price advantage over other venues, but I'll take it and no shipping!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Tony, Mike has it right -- I meant that the only way to get the Blu version of the AC/DC concert is to buy the expensive edition.

Got a new set of Costco coupons yesterday, and one of them is $15 off The Pacific and/ or Band of Brothers on DVD or BD. Not sure what the base price is these days though.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was going to pick up Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, but 19.99 for each seems a bit steep. I'd would have bit at $14.99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks