What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/3 (1 Viewer)

James St

Supporting Actor
That sucks about the South Park bonus disc:angry:. I held off buying it at Target when I went on lunch because I planned on getting it at BB after work. I hope my local store has enough in stock.

Went to Target this morning to see what the "LP" was.

About Schmidt $14.99 Picked it up.
Animatrix $14.99 I was all for this but started seeing a lot of 50/50 reviews so I decided it would be a rental and that I would head on over to BB for Sneakers CE and Midnight Run.

BB, CC, nor Target had Sneakers CE. BB had the previous release but it was $17.99.

I did want to add that I have been wanting to pick up a handful of selected Hitchcock titles and thought that with the re-releases coming in September I might find some markdowns. No such luck. But I did find North By Northwest the cheapest at CC for $15.99.

Shawn
My Collection

Oh, I almost forgot. BB and CC have Tombstone (non-Vista) for $14.99 and $11.99 with a buy one + deal. But Target had the Vista box for $12.99 and the non-Vista for 9.99.

Shawn
My Collection

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Monster Week! Thanks Dave.

I've had Terminator 2 and BHD ordered online, but couldn't pass up Sneakers at such a low price.

Also, I really hope the price reduction on Trading Places is true. That disc has always been priced way too high to purchase new, but now it should be reasonable.

Terry H

Second Unit
* And Best Buy has ANOTHER deal: "Buy any new release and get up to 3 of these DVDs for 11.99 each (regular price is 14.99): Mr. Deeds, Big Daddy, The Comancheros, North To Alaska, The Undefeated, The 13th Warrior, Stand By Me, Office Space, Fight Club, Shanghai Noon, Pearl Harbor (non-Vista), The Sixth Sense (non-Vista), Tombstone (non-Vista), Father of the Bride, Father of the Bride Part II, Behind Enemy Lines, Remember the Titans, The Last of the Mohicans, Men of Honor, or Super Troopers".
FYI I tried to get this discount and it didn't work with the new Bond as the new release. I was told " you get the free Bond girls dvd OR the $11.99 movies - not both". Fine. I let them keep the three $12 movies. They'll be $10 in six months anyway. ;)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
NEW LOWEST PRICE FOR THE 2 JAWS RELEASES!!!

If you have a BJs in your area (and you are a member) they have both of these for $12.99.

They also have About Schmidt for $17.79 (20 cents less than the rest)

Good Luck

Greg

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Good news if you're interested in the SNEAKERS: COLLECTOR'S EDITION and you usually go to Best Buy...

They should have it in stock. My store had at least two, and they're $9.99!

Adrian_S

Second Unit
I stopped by at BB and picked up the following:

Termintator 2 XE: 14.99 (price match target)
South Park S2 with bonus disc: 29.99 (price match target)
Animatrix with patch: 9.99 ($5 zone coupon)
Star Trek DS9 with bonus disc: 94.99 ($5 zone coupon)

Total: $149.96
Total with Tax: 161.58

Not too bad....?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The Torrance/Hawthorne Best Buy was overflowing with South Park and bonus discs. They were almost completely out of Die Another Day, though. I bought the PS2 Hulk game for a friend's birthday and used the $15 gift card to get James Bond.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I must have the worst Circuit City on the planet. Not only is their DVD section very poorly organized, they never have anything! However, they always have lots of copies of their ad :)

Best Buy was more than happy to pricematch The Animatrix deluxe set AND honor my $5 coupon, bringing the total to $14.99. They also pricematched on South Park and About Schmidt. There were lots of copies of South Park with the bonus DVD. The blueshirts were nice enough to get Super Mario Bros. out of the back for me (that was kinda embarrasing asking for that). I also picked up The Fast and The Furious, only realizing when I got home that it was available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen. Fortunately, I picked up the Widescreen version, with the bonus CD-ROM.

Wade K

Second Unit
Good day shopping.

Star Trek DS9 - 99.99 @ BB
South Park Season 2 (PM to Target) - 29.29 @ BB
Tombstone (Vista) - 12.99 @ Target

Going back to BB tomorrow to PM Glory (S.E.) to Target and maybe pick up a couple extra copies of that and Tombstone.

The Circuit City in my town is horrible too. Titles are not alphabetized or sorted in genres. I can't imagine someone being so lazy that they just grap a handful off the cart and stack them on the shelf without looking at the title for some sort of orginization.

It must be me. If CC in PA does the same thing, then it must be a new cataloging system I'm not aware of.

I only started watching their ad since last week when I bought the Zeppelin DVD/CD set for $30. I will never again try to look through their racks. If I buy anything, it will be a new release which is usually located at the front of the store.

Shawn
My Alphabetized Collection

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I think they're all that way; at least the ones around here are. It's to the point I hate going in the store because either I can never find anything or they're always sold out of whatever I want.

Thankfully, Best Buy is beginning to move into my area to provide an alternative.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Well, I got my "Bond Girls" DVD from BB home, opened it up, and... NO COUPON BOOK!! :angry:

Can anyone give a quick rundown of what coupons are included? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to go back and convince them to exchange an open free item...

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Craig,

Here is a run down on the coupons.

1. Save $10 on Bond 7-Pack Box Set
2. Save $2 on Dr. No, GoldenEye, Goldfinger, Licence to Kill, Man/Golden Gun, Spy who loved, Tomorrow Never Dies
3. Save $2 on Ronin, The Good, the bad.., Road House, Original Sin, Body of Evidence, Rush
5. Save $5 on Windtalkers DE, Dances with Wolves, SE
6. Save $10 on Photoshop Elements
7. Save $10 on Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD
8. Save $500 on Philips 42FD9954
9. Save $100 on Philips 15PF9925
10. Save $50 Philips DVDR75 DVD Player
11. Save $10 on Norelco Shaver
12. Save $2 on Rechargeable Batteries
13. Save $5 on Nightfire Bond video game
14. Save $10 Action Replay Video Game enhancer
15. Save $2 on Best of James Bond Music CD
16. Save $2 on American Life by Madonna
17. Save $5 on DVD Storage items

Does any one else find it funny that the DVD has a price tag for $14 on it but the cover has printed on it "For Promotional Purposes Only. Not for Sale"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Can anyone give a quick rundown of what coupons are included?
Sure!

$10 off Bond 7-pack Box Set (Dr. No, GoldenEye, Goldfinger, Licence To Kill, Man With Golden Gun, Spy Who Loved Me, Tomorrow Never Dies)
$2 off 7 different Bond titles (Dr. No, GoldenEye, Goldfinger, Licence To Kill, Man With Golden Gun, Spy Who Loved Me, Tomorrow Never Dies)
$2 off Ronin, Good Bad & Ugly, Rod House, Original Sin, Body of Evidence, Rush (just one)
$5 off Windtalkers (Dir. Ed.) or Dances With Wolves (SE)
$10 off Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
$10 off Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD
$500 off Philips 42FD9954 TV
$100 off Philips 15PF9925 TV
$50 off Philips DVDR75 DVD Player
$10 off a Norelco Spectra Shaver
$2 off Rechargeable Batteries (Monster or Energizer)
$5 off Nightfire Bond Video Game
$10 off Action Replay Video Game Enhancer
$2 off Best of James Bond Music CD
$2 off AMerican Life CD by Madonna
$5 off one of 3 DVD Storage Units

Good luck!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My "good employee" at Best Buy told me that the other guy was hallucinating, they got in 70+ copies of South Park with the bonus disc. :rolleyes

Hulk Premiere is $12.99 at Costco.

I'm desperately short on time now, so more later if possible. Tonight's my wife's birthday, so if I can log on at lunchtime from work great, if not talk to you guys tomorrow! :wink:

James St

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the scare, David.;)

My BB had a ton of them in as well. Not too many Bond girl dvd's though.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Mike, Patrick - thanks for the coupon lists. Lots of typing there!

As it turns out, I either have or am not interested in all the items there. So you guys saved me a trip to BB & the customer service hassle.

Thanks!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks