What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/01/04 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I Forgot:

Costco also has a specially packaged selection of Fox animated sets (Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy) each of which has a $10 off coupon for The Simpsons S4 upon its release.

As per usual, they didn't have the only set I don't have (Futurama S3), so I wasn't able to take advantage of this deal either. :angry:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey everybody! Thanks to Patrick for posting the RoundUp at the appropriate Sunday hour for me! I submitted it early and took a couple of days to rest the brain.

For those interested in the two new Spider-Man sets: Hre's a link to our own HTF discussion on these disks.

Malcolm: Have you jumped ship from BJs to CostCo? Didn't know there was a CostCo in your neck of the woods.

Still not getting Circuit City flyers in my Sunday paper. Not even printed in the regular newspaper section! :angry: And, since I put this week's RoundUp to bed early because I was gonna be away, I haven't had time to check their special deals on the week yet (outside of what Patrick posted for weekly specials).

Thanks to everyone for posting the extraneous titles I did not get to (LA Laker hoops and Manchester United, etc). There were a TON of new titles this week. Its tough to decide what gets in and what doesn't.

GarySchrock

Second Unit

This was the first week in a while I've gotten a CC ad. That said it wasn't much of an ad compared to what they used to do, but it was there. It'd probably been at least a month since I last got one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did pick up T3 (2-disc SE WS) for $9.99 at Circuit City yesterday because, well, it was $9.99 and brand new. That's at least 50% off its usual price at some places, and CC had it priced at $24.99 for its everyday price.

I still can't believe BB had no deals on catalog titles for the holiday.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My paper had full ads for CC, BB, Target and Wal-Mart. Unfortunately no mention anywhere of any of the many dvds I'm interested in.

Jim-M

Second Unit
Another new release is 'NFL Films Super Bowl Collection - Super Bowls XI-XX'.
Amazon - $45.44, Best Buy - $62.99, Circuit City - $59.99

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
John, thanks for the das boot link! I think that's a pass as it seems the two copies I already have will give me all of what I want excpet the long down time between action scenes.

That review is great about describing the video problems with the first DC verison and how they are non-existant in the SB version.

$30 saved!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Got Cocoon & Cocoon The Return at Best Buy. $10.99 each. Surprised that there was no discount if both where bought together.

Was a bit of a hassle getting both though. When I got to BB, there where none on the shelf. And it took 20 minutes to get a salesperson to go find a copy of each for me. Atleast they had 500 copies of Spiderman Deluxe edition out for sale. :rolleyes::rolleyes

Has anyone found "The Day After" or "Hell In The Pacific" yet. Any store that I go to doesn't have em. :frowning: :frowning:

Oh well. Off to watch my weekly haul.

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Best Buy and "Flight of the Navigator" was 16.99. Checked at the register too. I'm cheap so I passed.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Here again, for your dining and dancing pleasure are the FYE/Strawberries/and whatever other stores Trans World Entertainment owns rebates for 6/1

$10 rebates include:
Dukes of Hazzard Season 1..............$23(after rebate)
Eurotrip...............................$10
My Baby's Daddy........................(They didn't have this in the store yet)
Spiderman Deluxe Edition...............$10

$7 rebates:
Catch That Kid.........................$13
The Company............................$13
Monster................................$13
Monster/Aileen 2-pack..................(Again, wasn't there yet)
Pitch Black-Director's Cut.............$13

Last weeks rebates and prices are also still active. I noted them here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...75#post2219375

Just mentioning to those looking for sales flyers, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and K-Mart among others always post their circulars on-line anyway. Best Buy's is usually up by 1 am Sunday morning.

Thanks for the vine.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Joe: Got my The Day After at my local Best Buy for $9.99. If your BB doesn't have any, ask them to get you one. Or, do an in-store pick-up!

Dillon*G

Second Unit
If anyone is getting The Dukes of Hazzard S1 they might want to check their local Wal-Mart because mine had it for $26 and change.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

I've tried that but none of the Westchester County, NY BB's seem to have em, even though the stock status says they do. Go figure. CC is useless & Borders of all places doesn't have em either. And they are usually very good for catalog stuff. So I finally ordered them from DVDEmpire this evening.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Thanks Daniel, hmm with the movie cash, the Spiderman Deluxe is almost worth it when I already have the originsl version.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I picked up Summer School (9.99) and the new SpongeBob DVD (12.99) at Best Buy today. I later picked up the Cary Grant Signature Collection at Sam's Club for 36.56. The only other B&M's in town that had it were Best Buy (49.99), and Border's (46.99).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks