What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-6-2008 (1 Viewer)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

So long as all the local Circuit Citys in my area continue to not stock new blu releases in any timely fashion (new arrivals filter in weeks after their release date), I consider the issue moot.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, as always, for the prices.

I'm waiting on the Blu Twister (Mike, how can you use a pic from the movie and not have the flying cow? ;)) from the Warner store (free, from a B2G1 coupon I used a couple months ago). Eventually, I'll be getting MST3K, the Greg the Bunny disc and Serial Mom CE (didn't realize those were out this week).

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I hope my CC gets the 2 disc Twister sd dvd because I just called 2 Wal Marts, K Mart & Target & none of them got a single copy.

None at CC either. With no local Best Buy I guess I have to order it online. Not a single copy in the county.

Ordered it at DD (BACKORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't want to start another whole thread on this subject...but can any of you folks who order from amazon regularly explain something to me?

I ordered two items a couple of days ago (for my wife for Mother's Day). Knowing it was going to be tight to receive it on time, I sprung for standard shipping (big spender, me! :D )

So. Order ships next day (5-5-08). With standard shipping, order is supposed to arrive in US within 3 to 5 business days. The way I figure it, that means I should have it no later than Saturday 5-10 (or even Monday 5-12 in the worst case scenario).

But amazon is gleefully telling me I should expect to receive the shipment on 5-14. That's eight days (if only counting weekdays).

Is that normal? Two e-mails on the subject have yielded no comprehensible answer.

The order consists of just one paperback book and one DVD set. Nothing too huge.

Am I expecting too much? I guess I am, but for this consumer, they seem to have offered something on which they are not willing to deliver.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Mine too - Amazon always seems to pad their standard and super-saver delivery times by a few days, either to make the more expensive options look more attractive or to avoid customer-service headaches brought on by things they can't control, such as the US Postal Service.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, fellas. I figured it would probably get here "on time" (that is, before the weekend)...but I got nervous when I saw that May 14th date...which they confirmed in their e-mail response.

It is being delivered via USPS.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thats the star trek Scotty way of estimating things.

telling Kirk he needs 20 hours to fix the warp drive, then fixing it in 8. MIRACLE.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I just noticed that DVD Price Search is listing some $15 BDs from Fries, including Sunshine. Seems like worth a look for those who live near a Fries.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
LOL. I guess I misspelled Fry's. :D That's what happens when I don't get to live near one. ;) :P

BTW, who's that supposed to be in the "spoilers"??

_Man_

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I never bother with the shipping and delivery estimates. My orders always ship and arrive before those dates. I always choose Free Shipping and my orders always arrive through USPS, my last delivery arrived 3 days after Amazon shipped it but I've also have had orders take up to nine days. I don't care as long as I get it. I also get a chuckle out of people worrying about short delivery time frames, when it takes from 11-21 days for me to get mine from the time I place the order until I get it. :D. I pay by MOs.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
The Claudine DVD says it is 1.33:1 but also says it preserves the original theatrical presentation. Is this true or is this a MAR release?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Regarding your Amazon situation, Mike, check your shipping confirmation e-mail. It should have a delivery confirmation number (I always get one with the free shipping, I imagine you should have one if you went with the standard shipping). The USPS site should give a more accurate delivery estimate than Amazon's inflated estimate.

Worst case scenario - print out Amazon's item pages for the book/DVD, give those to your wife Sunday and tell her she'll get the actual items eventually. :)

Oh and BTW, thanks for adding the flying cow pic. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

We'll see. Wouldn't be the first time I've wrapped a picture of a gift!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

:D

I still expect to receive them before Sunday. if not, I'm really going to make a lot of noise to amazon. That's just not right to say 3-5 business days and then not deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks