What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-4-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Sitcoms don't sell well on Blu-ray.
I guess that could be true.

I've purchased 24, Nurse Jackie, Mad Men on Blu-ray when given the chance. But, I purchased The Office: Season 5 on DVD rather than buy the BD. Go figure.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Mike and Adam! I was hoping this would be more of an upgrade than it appears to be, but I'm still in. Just to finally get an anamorphic transfer is plenty good enough for me...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by pitchman

Thanks, Mike and Adam! I was hoping this would be more of an upgrade than it appears to be, but I'm still in. Just to finally get an anamorphic transfer is plenty good enough for me...
Just one week, Gary. Hang tough! Click HERE!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ordered the Doctor Zhivago BD from Barnes & Noble -- came out to just under $20 (including tax) after the member's discount + a 15% coupon (and another 8% Bing cashback). Paid for it using my usual Amex rewards points funded GC.

Was originally going to import the UK version via Amazon UK since the price diff was much bigger (before I spotted B&N's pricing), but realized the bonus features DVD might be region-locked and/or PAL encoded, which would be a bummer.

Normally, I'd be more inclined to wait for a better price, but it does seem that these major classic catalog titles rarely get discounted all that much, so decided not to bother waiting if I can get close enough to my ~$20 price point for something like this, especially since I do have Amex points to fund the payment in this case. ).

And I've got the Nine BD coming on rental from Blockbuster (probably tomorrow) -- figured it's probably worth a rent, definitely not a blind-buy...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks