What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-29-2007 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
anyone notice in the best buy add it has 3 disc set under the ultimate matrix priced @ 89.99
and 5 disc set under complete set for 79.99?

that has to be a misprint, right?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As an Astro fan, that game would make the set a definite no-sale for me. :)

BTW, when I was at a "local" Target (Milford, CT) today, I noticed Veronica Mars seasons 1 and 2 at $22.99 each - looks like an unadvertised part of that season-set sale that Mike and Patrick posted. I also saw some Simpsons sets with a $16.99 shelf tag. Don't know if that's accurate or if the sets were misplaced, but it's worth a shot if you're interested in them (I already have every season released so I didn't look at the specifics).

Nothing this week, other than possibly going back to Target later in the week to pick up VM season 2. I recently picked up season 1 as a blind buy, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet so I may hold off on picking up S2. But that price is tempting, especially with the $5 gift card that's been burning a hole in my wallet since, I think, January.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Yep, they've never stocked the 3 disc version. I'm not sure where they're getting their unending supply of the 2 disc versions, but that's all they sell. I appreciate the heads up that this is still so - I was about to run out to Target on Monday if this ad had been accurate.

EmmaAU

Agent
Finally! Babylon5 for $19.99/each season! I've been waiting years for this price! The funny thing is that Best Buy is also selling a seasons 1-4 pak for over $200, when you can buy them individually during the sale for a total of $80!

The ones at $19.99 are already on backorder, but I got my order in earlier and they've already shipped.

I love a bargain!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Talk about you "from feast to famine" releases! When I saw the Target ad with just three new releases or so I was shocked! Then I saw this posting...and I don't think I'll even throw "Hannibal Rising" in my Netflix queue from the reviews I saw of it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As much as those $20 B5 sets tempt me (especially if they're the new slim line packages), I can't justify it, especially with a huge summer coming. I guess that's my way of saying nothing. Thanks guys!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Great to see Cthulhu getting some love -- and an official release! (I believe this is the first time it's been available through distributors -- it's been on Amazon for a while, but only as a third-party seller item.)

I love the review that says "You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll be eaten by the Old Gods!" :)

Note that there's a newer film called Cthulhu that looks pretty cheesy from the trailer -- I was afraid that that was the new release.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd report I was in my local BJ's Wholesale Club last night and saw deals on The Pursuit of Happyness ($13.99) and Rocky Balboa ($10.99).

They also had The Wedding Planner/My Best Friend's Wedding 2-pack (slim cases) for $9.99.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My trip to Target today was kind of surprising: they are stocking the HD version of "40 Year Virgin" and the BR versions of "Apocalypto", the first two "POTC" films and "Letters from Iwo Jima"; the last three were located on a main aisle endcap display!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks