What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-27-2008 (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike and Patrick!

The Invaders: Season 1 and the Three Stooges Collection: Vol. 2 (1937 – ’39) for me this week.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well, I would be saying three stooges volume 2 , but I received my copy a few days early in the mail. NYUK , NYUK , NYUK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup...I meant to post a week or so ago that I've seen the Stooges set available at a couple of locations early. Big retailers, these.

I've had my copy for a couple of weeks. Another really nice set of transfers.

Thanks to Patrick for posting-up the RoundUp for me while I was away from a computer (and civilization) at the witching hour. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few price changes along the way as I had to "put 'er to bed" a little earlier than usual.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Tuesday is also the GOP primary here in ID...

Decisions, decisions: should I buy The Three Stooges before or after voting? :confused: Or isn't there a difference?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Pretty Big Week for me, Invaders, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Stooges.

I'll Rent Rambo and Grace is Gone

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

The set looks beautiful, and it's a terrific assortment of Curly classics, before they started getting shopworn and repeating themselves, and there's still a fair amount of verbal wordplay amongst the slaps and eye pokes. Very highly recommended, and be aware that Sony for its own unexplained reasons continues to make this look like yet another set of the four PD shorts instead of the truly special release that it is. F for the marketing folks, A+ for the restoration and transfer folks at Sony.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Three Stooges for me too this week. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: (One for each Stooge)

Yes. Sony's marketing on these has not been good.

Volume 1 was very hard to find, yet Sony's 20 + other Three Stooges titles are still crowding shelves.

Volume 2 should be easier to find, seeing how Volume 1 sold very well. However, Sony has not pulled the 20+ other hodge-podge sets. In fact, they continue to promote them which simply confuses the average shopper.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
If they insist on changing the title for the DVD release, then "Rambo: the Fight Continues" is about as lazy as it gets.

How about "Rambo: Here's Some More" or "Rambo: It's not Rocky, but More Rambo"

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Geez, based on the amount of Kung Fu Panda product tie-ins I've seen in stores the past few weeks, I figured it'd already been out for a month. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks