What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up my copy of ROTK at my local Walmart today for $13.96. I didn't get any popcorn or batteries, and I guess I got there too late (11:00am) for the magnets, but I'm happy with the price, so I'm not complaining! :)

Brian, thanks for the tip about saving the receipt to get the $5 off on the Extended Edition. I didn't even think about that, even though I saw the flyer inside the dvd case. My receipt is now safely tucked inside the dvd case, so I'll be able to find it later this year.

There was a flyer inside the case for "Elf", and it said it'll be out in November. I was glad to see that, since I've been wondering when it would come out. Can't wait to see that one again! LOL!

:D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
What a day! First I have to say I LOVE COSTCO! Second I have to say I LOVE ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY!

Picked up Buffy S6 for $36.99.
If you buy any ONE of Buffy 2, 3, 4, 5 or Angel 1 and 2 you get 15.00 off. I returned my Angel S2 a couple weeks ago because I had duplicates of Disc 2 (this with a five month old receipt). So I picked up my replacement today for 24.99!

Picked up RotK at Target and got my batteries and popcorn. Came home and checked the mail and what's there for this EW subscriber? Yep, the mag being given away at BB! Nicely wrapped in a removable dustcover.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's my understanding that the price match should work whether you buy the item before the price match or you buy the item and price match at the same time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been my experience that most Best Buys will only give you the additional 10% off if you first purchase the item at their price and then come back with an ad. Silly but true. If you just show an ad at the time of the initial purchase they'll usually make you go to Customer Service for the purchase and pricematch the ad price (often after making you wait while they call and verify the involved competitor has the item in stock) but not give you the additional 10%.

sometimes my BB will even say that you cannot get the extra 10% at the same visit.

so i would have to do what the earlier poster said.
buy it go for coffee then come back for my 10%.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I can tell you happened...a competitor of Target (and I'm not talking about a video rental store) has been coming into the stores buying up copies to apparently re-sell at their store. Someone from that "competitor" came into my store today and wiped out an entire endcap of ROTK (60+ copies!). This has been happening nation-wide and this afternoon we got word to limit purchases (we were able to prevent that sale due to an eagle-eyed employee.)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't see how this can be worth it. How much did the competitor mark it up?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i posted a link earlier in this thread to a thread that had this type of discussion , here is what that link went to.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
TonyD:

The competitor was NOT a video store, it was the so-called "low prices, always" store. The stores that are open 24 hours started selling theirs at midnight, and were running out of product by mid-morning. And by wiping out a good portion of our stock, they would have plenty to sell to THEIR customers.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone checked out pricing on the Matchbox Twenty concert DVD "Show"? Wondering if anyone has found any really good prices on it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Well, if true, then there's one more reason to love that store! I personally don't go to that store, for various reasons. That's all I'll say about that.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Yes. Went to FYE and got ROTK for only 9.99 after rebate! And picked up Show: A Night In The Life of Matchbox Twenty for $15.99 after rebate. Great deals going at FYE it seems.

Thanks to Phil for the heads up. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
By the way, in my travels yesterday I found a store with Cocoon and it's sequel had broken street date. Naturally I won't name names. But it was $11.99 each, and I didn't think I could take a chance on waiting until the weekend and try to get it cheaper. ;)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

Dave, is the Cocoon sequel anamophic? I can't tell from the information available thus far... Thanks.

Joel

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I haven't broken the shrinkwrap yet, but the back of each films' box says that anamorphic widescreen AND fullscreen are contained on the disc.

So the answer is "yes", you're safe.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Regarding needing the LotR: ROTK receipt, for The Two Towers we did not need the receipt, just the proof of purchase. Still, I kept the receipt and am leaving inside the box, just to be safe.

They just have a "holiday" date for the extended edition and the gift set. If the gift set looks good this time, then with the $5 off the batteries and the $10 rebate, this edition is practically "free." Nice job Target.

Neil

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Has anyone picked up Season 1 for Northern Exposure under the advertised $34.99? Despite the high pricepoint I caved and went to CC for this one (I believe I picked up the next to last copy...). Only 8 episodes, yet quite a pricey item nowadays. Must have been the music royalties.

Joel

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
About the same price as the Quantum Leap set will be for the same number of eps

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
YMMV, but here's a short list of DVDs/CDs/Games that might be on sale at Circuit City for 3 days (5/27/04 to 5/29/04)

DVDs:
Lord Of The Rings ROTK $15.99

$9.99 each
Forrest Gump
Italian Job
Training Day
Harry Potter Chamber Of Secrets

CD'S
$8.99 each
Twista Kamiikaze
Evanescence Fallen
J-Kwon Hood Hop
Hoobastank The Reason

Games
Gameboy Advance Sp $99.99 Free YU-GI-OH The Sacred Cards Game

---------

Perhaps it's time to pick up The Italian Job for under $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks