What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/24/2005 (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Dammit, after a dead week I run into something like this, where there is tons of dvds I need to get. Well I probably have to hold off on something here, but most likely get Aviator this week for sure and probably get Batman volume 3, Samurai Jack volume 2, Day After Tomorrow SE, I Robot SE, and Newsradio (is it out this week for sure?) later on. Thanks for the round up Mike.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Everything I've seen continues to point to this Tuesday for its release. And as I said in my previous post in this thread, mine already shipped from Digital Eyes a few days ago, so it's looking good to FINALLY be released. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Why'd they need 3 discs for only 5 hours of content? Two at the most would have done the trick.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Wow, a lot of stuff coming out this week that I will eventually have to pick up

M*A*S*H season 8
Garfield's Fantacies
Andy Griffith Season 1
News Radio seasons 1 & 2
Everybody Loves Raymond Finale
I, Robot 2 disc SE (held off on the original release)

Thanks for the roundup as always.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Superfriends (that's a given)

and I was gonna get Batman, but I haven't finished V1 yet, let alone gotten V2.

But maybe I, Robot for the ticket to F4.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Seems to me like dvd prices have been on an upward shift. About a year ago (and for a while before that) you could always find some kind of 3 for $20 deal going on to stock up on older titles and new titles were rarely more than $15. And it still boggles my mind how tv show seasons can charge around $35 when those same shows are playing on reruns for free. A season of a tv show should cost no more than $15 - all you're paying for is convenience.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely NewsRadio for me. I've been waiting for this one for a LOOOONG time. Might have to finally start collecting The X-Files at that price from BB, too. Maybe just seasons 1 and 2 to start...

Thanks Mike!

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Best Buy's offerings seem a little skimpy this week. I wonder if they'll announce a Memorial Day Sale next weekend.

James D

Second Unit
Johnny-the sign on the shelf at Best Buy states that the $49.99 sale for the X-Files expires on July 4. I would imagine that the price will go back up after the 4th.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Airwolf, Airwolf, Airwolf! I've been wanting that on DVD since I've been into DVD. I will also get Baa Baa if I can afford it. I've got a $5 RewardZone coupon, so that's good. I will eventually want Andy Griffith S2, but probably not this week. I heard about Drums Along the Mohawk coming months ago, but I wasn't expecting it this week. At the Best Buy price, that may be what I end up getting in addition to Airwolf.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Costco will have Drums Along the Mohawk and The Bravados bundled together for $13.59

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

It looks like they are charging for the bonus disc. That link says the Aviator and the bonus disc is $19.96. But on the right-hand side of that page in the "May We Also Suggest" column, they have:

The Aviator (Widescreen) DVD
Coming Soon
$14.87

So the bonus disc costs $5.09, for this content:

Exclusive Features
# Howard Hughes: A Brief Biography
# Interviews with DiCaprio, Scorsese, Mann and others
# A Red Carpet Extravaganza
# Aviator Premieres from around the world
# Red carpet interviews with Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese, Alan Alda, Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale, Gwen Stefani and others in the US, London, Rome & Berlin.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try to sneek one or two X-Files into the budget before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks