What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-22-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron: We must have been on the same wavelength because I had actually typed the post about the John Wayne software thread and forgot to push the "submit" button as I had gotten distracted. :D

I didn't see your post until after I finally pushed "submit."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Great minds, and all that. :D

As a $2 bonus for your helpful prescience, note that Amazon is now listing the John Wayne Century Collection at $72.99, not $74.99.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Well I got Pirates 1 & 2 Blu-ray from Circuit City and made out better then I thought. I didn't even realize what happened until I checked all the paper work. But instead of a $15 gift card for both the gave me a $15 gift card for each movie.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I went over there at lunch and they only had the Rio Bravo UCE available in a box with The Searchers UCE for under $40. A good deal if you don't already have The Searchers. Which I do. :frowning:

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I would actually buy them for that. Trying to find out how widespread this mistake really is. I even have two CCs I could try, but I think I'd feel pretty bad if just the one (as is correct) rang up and I then said, "nahh, changed my mind," before going to the next CC.

I should have Pearl from Netflix today though. I'd have had them both by now, if the mail hadn't been so slow last week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I'm shocked that Circuit City is allowing folks to get 1 of the sets for the mistake price (and cancelling additional sets ordered at that price).

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Update: Sam's Club has Rio Bravo UCE for under $27. And they have several of the WHV John Wayne reissues for $6.88.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
I got the Ocean's Eleven and Twelve 2-pack for 11.99 at Circuit City (price sticker on the 2-pack, so cashier adjusted the price from $14.99), so less than $13 bucks out the door for both DVDs plus a ticket to see Ocean's Thirteen. Not too shabby! :)

-Christian

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton

Wow, congratulations! I wish I would have seen this earlier... it's now back to $79.99.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
DAMMIT! Walmart here has all the new Bond releases for $7.50, but they don't have TWINE. I'm really beginning to hate that place. Stuff like this always happens. I bought the first 2 seasons of NCIS there, but come release time for season 3, they didn't have it. bastards. Happens at CC/BB too though. Neither one had Thunder in Paradise the day it was released, but Walmart did. Go figure.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went to Wal-Mart last night. I was looking to see what their prices were on Apocalypto, Letters from Iwo Jima and Can-Can.

No Can-Can (not too surprised by that).

But Apocalypto was a solid $19.99 and Letters was $24.99. I walked away empty-handed. You never know when you might walk into another Wal-Mart and find prices $3 to $4 lower than its neighboring sister store.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Circuit City has Roots for $24.99! I also picked up You Only Live Twice, Man With The Golden Gun & Moonraker along with Stripes for $7.99 Each. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Thanks. I've got the 2-disc SE of The Searchers (as well as the original release). Maybe I'll just snag Rio Bravo at CC.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just a heads-up: I spotted the John Wayne Century Collection at Costco for the front-running price of. . .um. . .I think it was $62, but it might've been a buck more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks