What's new

Weekly Roundup 5/21 (1 Viewer)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Any word on pricing for the Memento/Following two pack? Circuit city had it marked online at $35 but I can't find it on the Best Buy page and the Borders price is off the wall. Of course this only matters to me if it includes the limited edition of Memento, which Amazon shows in the picture of the two pack.

-Eric

Brian E

Screenwriter
I just hope someone has the Fox war titles in stock. Seems like every time I stop to look for a new release disc that wasn't in the ad they don't have it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Circuit City also has these for $7.99
Delirious(John Candy, 1991) 16x9
Extremities(1986) 16x9
City Slickers 16x9
Great Escape LTBX
Jason's Lyric LTBX

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
According to DVD Empire, the Memento/Following two pack only has the original DVD release of Memento
Sorry to disagree with you, Matt. But Image's site shows quite clearly that the 2-packs of Memento/Following and Memento/Dogma are both the Memento "Special Editon" (which is how they labeled the standalone Limited Edition; Image stays away from all the various "Limited", "Collectors", etc. labels and just uses "Special"). Who's right, Image or DVDEmpire? I dunno, but I'll tend to bet Image is.

James D

Second Unit
I saw the 2-pack of Memento/Following at BestBuy this weekend and I can personally attest to the fact that Memento is not the limited edition. It is the original version in this 2-pack, however I have no idea as to which version is included in the Memento/Dogma 2-pack.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
While the text for both sets at Image says (Special Edition) for both sets, the Following set says 3-disc, and the Dogma set says 4-disc...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I swung by Target yesterday to grab the $12.99 copies of Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, and Stand By Me. While there, I noticed in an endcap for budget-priced DVDs was something that surprised me: Roxanne. Why surprised? Well, that isn't due to be marked down to a budget-level price until next month. I just looked it up over at Videotropics, and it's due to go down to an SRP of $14.95 on June 4th.
Well, it wasn't stickered (ANY of the many copies there), so I found a price scanner mounted on a wall and checked it.
[rant]$9.44[/rant] :eek:
I've wanted that puppy for two years, mind you, but avoided it's over-$20 pricetag like the plague, especially since I like the film but my wife detests it (yes, that's the right word, all right).
But now it is mine, mine, MINE! :laugh: Go get it!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
DVD Empire just updated their products page and they have Memento Limited Ed / Dogma SE as a pack = four discs total. And they scanned the cover and it is indeed the front of Memento LE and the back is Dogma SE - they do this from their own inventory I believe so they are at least selling the two pack.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Same situation as RobLutter.
Of course, I saved 4 cents anyway, but it's just strange to me that Circuit City isn't carrying this title ... :confused:

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Another DVD released (or after further research may be a price reduction) today but previously unmentioned is The Center of the World.
I know that as an indie film this title has limited appeal but I thought my fellow HTFer's would be interested to know that Circuit City has it for $10.99, a pretty good price considering every other B&M (Best Buy, Borders, etc.) priced it at $19.99, $5 higher than the $14.99 suggested retail price!

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
The Rambo DVD's came out today. I saw them at (a store to remain nameless). Does anyone have a WALMART price for them yet?
John
Post edited by moderator. Let's keep the street-date-breaking store names off this forum. Thanks.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The Rambo DVD's came out today. I saw them at....
John, since I create these Roundup threads weekly, I suppose it falls to me to remind you (since a mod hasn't seen your post yet) that HTF rules are that noone is supposed to name stores that break street dates. The Rambo discs have a street date of 5/28.
I can tell you that the store I saw them at (not named in your post) had each of them for $14.99-ish, as I recall. They will be part of my Roundup next week.
There are aspects of doing the Roundups that can get the HTF into hot water with the various retail chains. I work carefully with Packy and Ron to make sure I abide by all the rules in here, even though I don't have "mod" authority. So please, can you help me out by editing your post? Thanks,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Done.

I will also check out CC for The Center of the World DVD because of Molly Parker's recent appearances on HBO's Six Feet Under has me intrigued...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Picked up the "Pure 80s Rocks" DVD at Circuit City today. Instead of the $15.99 'Net price, the in-store price was $17.99. Since the clerks are all boobs there, I decided it was worth $2 to not have to try to get them to pricematch their own website, and it was still $2 less than any other "instant gratification" B&M around, so I bought it.

Well worth the purchase! I am in love with this disc. The picture is PERFECT, the stereo sound is awesome, and while many will complain about the lack of 5.1, I don't.

This IS "MTV", just like I remember it. Ah, the days of mispent youth wasted away in front of the cable box. And I want more DVDs just like this one. Bring 'em on!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks