What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-2-2006 (1 Viewer)

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
Just came from Costco in Burbank CA and they have "I Love Lucy" Seasons 1 - 5 for $35.00 each... But here's the wrinkle - Buy any one of Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and receive $12.00 off Season 6 at the register. I picked up both Seasons 5 and 6 and it rang up with a $12.00 discount off my total.

Pretty good deal.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Costco is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Many a week I go to Costco hoping to find new releases at a bargain price only to be disappointed that they either don't carry what I'm looking for, or their price is higher than what I could get it for online.

Well, today Costco came through for me. The Tennessee Williams Collection for $42.69 and The Lucy & Desi Collection for $17.49!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Costco must use regional pricing. I bought Lucy & Desi for $16.99 and although I didn't buy it, the TW collection was $40.99.

They also had the ILL deal (buy 1 season get $12 off S6).

Steve

Rick CHO

Grip
Just got back from Best Buy where Cat On a Hot Tin Roof is advertised for $12.99 and Streetcard Named Desire is going for $16.99. However, the Tennessee Williams boxed set which includes these two, is going for $55.99.
6 features plus a disc profiling Williams' South. There's a coupon for a $10 gift card if your purchase is over $100.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rick: The prices for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Streetcar Name Desire are just as I posted them in the RoundUp...but thanks for the update on the Williams set. A quick check at bb.com reveals they have , indeed, dropped their price on the box to $55.99. :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, I stopped at a Wal-Mart real quick tonight and they had neither the Leave It To Beaver: Season 2 set nor the Red Sox-yankee Ultimate Rivalry disc. :thumbsdown:

Jay*W

Second Unit
Based on the pricing sheets I've sometimes seen lying around, at Costco it appears that their pricing will differ slightly depending on whether it is designated as a "competitive" store.

I Love Lucy S.6 was $24.29 at my Costco (Dunwoody, GA). The Lucy & Desi Collection was $16.89, and the Tennessee Williams Film Collection was $40.99.

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Never got time this week to get to Best Buy ($34.99) to pick up my copy of Leave It To Beaver: Season 2.

I called one local Wal-Mart mid-week to see if they were carrying it. They were. Price: $39.88.

Went to a different local Wal-Mart today while I was out. Had my Best Buy flyer in hand to PM LITB: S2. But, the shelf price (sale price) was $33.24! :emoji_thumbsup:

I love a good deal! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks