What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Chris Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, what a rough week.
I really fell off of the wagon this time.

Good, Bad, Ugly
Great Escape
Enter the Dragon
AtWi 80 Days
All 4 Disney Treasures

Best Buy got all of my business this week.
At least I can put a positive spin on it,
and look at the money I saved!

Thanks as always Mike.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Broke the bank this week

4 Disney Treasures (Costco)
Great Escape (BB)
GB&U (BB)
Enter the Dragon (BB)
Around the World in 80 Days (BB)

plus the new Morrissey CD+DVD (which was not worth the extra cost vs. just the CD, BTW)

Regards,

John W L

Agent

I also want to thank Chris S for the great tip. I got free shipping, bringing the total down to $84 for all 4 tins and saving a long trip to Sam's. They shipped within 24 hours, a great first purchase from Digital Eyes.

They no longer offers the complete set at a discount, having sold out of "On the Front Lines." At the moment, the rest are available there.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

1. Unfortunately the rebates are mail only. They can be checked online but have to be mailed in. The other big issue for some people is that FYE/Strawberries wants the original UPC code which means defacing the DVD packaging. I didn't particularly enjoy taking a razor blade to the GBU box, but $10 is $10.

2. I agree with you wholeheartedly on the used Blockbuster and Hollywood video buys. However, those only work with current big name films like the ones you mentioned. You might find a TV box set split into pieces if your lucky, but there's no way Great Escape will end up at either of those stores.

willyh

Agent
Is the FYE rebates only good for purchases in the store or can you get them with an on-line purchase as well? I called my local FYE to check availability and, whoa, they went out of business. I looked, but could not find the rebate on their web-site. Anyone know if that is viable? Thanks.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
The fye rebates are only at their stores, not avail with online purchases. I have been told and read other posts that you can send the yellow price tag which has a bar code on it as the proof of purchase so no cutting of the back cover required. Just make sure you get a copy with the price tag, sometimes they don't all have it.

My GBU box had its back sheet with the UP just stuck on the box with a soft glue, the sheet came right off, no cutting of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks