What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-13-2008 (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Amazon is now listing the SNL set at $44.99 (they lowered the price on my pre-order).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I am going to be all over both the Fox Western Classics Collection and John Wayne Fox Westerns Collection. Those prices are too good to refuse!

Robert: Do you know if the version of The Big Trail included in the Wayne set is the same as the individual 2-disc release?

I'll also probably be picking up The Tender Trap & It Happened in Brooklyn (it's not often you get to see a love song sung to a bridge! :D ) and maybe None But the Brave and Never So Few.

BTW, I happen to know my local FYE store will be having those titles on sale for $8.99.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm tempted to say nothing, but chances are I'll grab Narnia before we go away on Friday if only for the ticket to Prince Caspian. I wasn't wild on the first movie and have even less desire to see the second, but I seem to be gobbling up a lot of BD releases recently. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

"Romeo & Juliet. . .with ninjas!" sounds pretty awesome to me! Are there any pirates in it? ;)

Hey. . .is the HD-DVD format riding off into the sunset on the back of a film called Disco Pigs?!?!?! :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Typing statements along the lines of "I didn't like it, but I'll buy the disc anyway" is a symptom. Save yourself!!! ;)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Hey guys,

I want to thank Mike for including GRADUATION in his weekly round-up this week. The film is one that I am proud to have been a part of. (I wrote the music score for the film in case you all did not see the thread in the film section a couple weeks back).

It is an entertaining film to watch. Everyone I have spoken with who has seen the film...in general...likes it. And believe me, I have some friends out here who are very critical of films, even the ones I work on.

The synopsis of the film is:

When a friend is in need of financial assistance, the logical next step is to plan a bank robbery. At least that was the conclusion of four high school friends about to embark on the next stage of their lives. The question is will they pull off this heist in time to toss their caps at graduation or have they gotten themselves way in over their heads?

GRADUATION stars Adam Arkin, Shannon Lucio from The O.C., Riley Smith from Freaks and Geeks, Chris Marquette from The Education of Charlie Banks, Chris Lowell from Veronica Mars & private Practice, Aimee Garcia from Spanglish, and a cameo appearance by Huey Lewis.

Magnolia Pictures is releasing a DVD that is full featured with a commentary track, deleted scenes, alternate opening to the film, storyboard segment, blooper reel, etc...As well as Dolby Digital 5.1 sound and a direct digital transfer from the HDSR film master. The film as shot on 35mm...transfered to HDSR with a 4K scan...and color corrected from there with a Digital Intermediate output. Since Magnolia was in the HD-DVD camp and has not really switched over to Blu-Ray yet as a studio...a Standard def DVD is the only release at this time...a Hi-Def version will come along in the future I am sure.

It should also be in Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and Netflix rental places too. So...if it is easier to check out by putting it in your netflix rental queue than buying a DVD sight unseen...that is always an option too.

If there are any other questions about the film or our journey in getting it released, I would be happy to try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks for reading folks. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I did the same thing with Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. I got it cheap at a used DVD store. Absolutely hated the film...but got the disc anyway. :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wish. Pirates would have made it a million times better. And it's not a bad movie, it's just the point where I realized that Romeo & Juliet is a really stupid story. Stop whining and just run off together! :) Still, it's definitely worth the $11 Amazon is charging (basically price-matching a buy.com sale; I figure the price will jump back up to the standard 30% off in a few days).

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I also was charged $45 for SNL S3 from amazon (after ordering at $53 weeks ago).
Be careful if you're picking up S3. I bought S2 at Circuit City and it didn't include the book, and had a slimmer packaging. At least this time around it appears that there are different barcodes.
the bit that I have a screen grab of in my signature is included in S3, btw...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Creepiest. SNL skit. Ever.

(For those unfamiliar, it features John Belushi in old-age makeup dancing on the graves of his castmates, all of whom ended up outliving him.)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

For the love of all that's holy, WHY?!?!?!

You're only encouraging them to make more! (Well, I guess the person who bought it new was.)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Brian,

I request, nay, DEMAND that the Blu-Ray of Graduation include an isolated score with composer commentary.

Congrats! ;)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
What's the story on the 1960s Oceans 11. Is this just a rerelease of the same transfer as before?

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

:D

Thanks Aaron.

Unfortunately, I was not invited into the commentary track. But I was told the director gave me a nice shout-out in the commentary.

I did find out recently that we should have a sountrack out soon. (Might be an iTunes / Internet download only type thing). One CD/Album with both songs and some score tracks. There are a lot of great songs in the film. It would make for a great listening album in my opinion. And of course...the 6 or so score tracks I chose are fun too. ;)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I'm a completist. I have the Alien Quadrilogy and Alien vs. Predator... If they ever come out with an Alien Saturday morning series, I'd probably get that, too. :eek:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well I'd get it too, but only if it didn't suck!

Hmmm. . .I think you might be on to something there. . .

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
barnesandnoble.com has the BIG TRAIL SE and FOX WESTERN CLASSICS for $11.99. If you are a B&N member you can get them for $10.99 and if you take advantage of some of the coupons that are floating around on other sites, you can get them for even less. I managed to get both for $19.99 including shipping and tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks