What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-4-2006 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've already got the Brokeback Book (Border's with a coupon couple weeks ago), so that'll be a Target thing for me. And I'll be grabbing American History X at CC.

I'm very much on the fence about Narnia. I didn't think the movie was great in the theater, but I'm a sucker for a) fantasy films and b) super duper special collector's editions. :frowning:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Round-up.

Nothing for me. I would have bought the glamour collections but Universal's problematic DVD-18s have made me shy away from their products.

Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

There's that Eric Schulz...turning up like a bad penny! :D

Yeah. I don't know whey there's two separate releases for 9 To 5...but there is. I mean, I NEVER know why they feel the need to have OAR and MAR releases of a film, but like Tony says, it seems really odd to have two different releases for a catalog title like this.

Thanks to both Dave and Tony for the info on the price-matching at BB. It has been awhile since I've taken the time to price-match at BB. Since I'm stuck with the pre-order, THIS seems like a perfect time to do it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric: I just found your e-mail from a coupla weeks ago ( I forgot it had future prices on it!) and, indeed, you had the Mel Brooks Collection listed at $79.99. I am off to add it, and other pertinent prices, to the table.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. Mike, it was a nice surprise to see the Astros disc included in the Roundup - I wasn't expecting that. ;)

And once again, the Roundup makes me spend MORE money this week than I was expecting (isn't it supposed to save us money?). I was expecting the Astros disc to be all I buy this week, then I get down in the grid and realize that Garbage Pail Kids: Complete Series and Category 7 are out this week (I never even saw an announcement on the latter). So it'll be those 3 releases for me this week.

Yeah all of you can buy your Oscar nominees like Brokeback Mountain and Crash, just save the stuff like Garbage Pail Kids and made-for-TV disaster movies for me. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Um, Scott...why don't you go ahead and buy 2 copies of Garbage Kids: Complete Series?

I won't be needing mine! :D

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
What, you're not going to pick it up for your kid(s?), Mike? Actually on second thought, I probably will buy Crash as a blind-buy, seeing those prices. I was expecting it to be more as most double-dips are.

And Mike, there's a sure sign that spring is here - Martha's opened up yesterday.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Woohoo! I gotta get me one of their famous Chocolate-Raspberry Ice Cream Sundaes! They started those several years ago to raise money for a charity. I think a portion of the proceeds still go to a good cause. That makes ice cream a good thing, right?! :D

Were you aware that Rachael Ray had her start in the Adirondacks? An old article about her in Adirondack Life even mentioned Martha's as one of her faves!

Yeah. I still haven't seen Crash yet either. This week's release is pretty competitively priced.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Already preordered Chronicles/Narnia: Lion…Wardrobe CE (2-disc) from Tower. The only thing I am getting.

I want Robin Men in Tights only so I am going to hold out and hope that is gets released on its own.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

In-store price is $16.99, don't know about the web site. Was told the info by the DVD buyer for one of their stores.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Bad news - just heard from my friend at Tower and he was mistaken, the single disc will be $16.99, the set will be $22.99; that still looks like the best price for it.

Sorry for the mis-information, guys.

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
I can probably find "Brokeback Mountain" at the local Wal-Mart for $14.88.

I've got the Mel Brooks box set and the two Gene Wilder movies on the way from Amazon.

BTW, the Best Buy ad states that the Mel Brooks Collection features HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 2 (!?!)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah. That's the movie where Mel Brooks give his twisted comedic take on world history from WW I to the present. Matthew Broderick plays Archduke Franz Ferdinand and Nathan Lane plays Richard Nixon. Another madcap Brooksian laugh-fest! :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Only thing I want this Week is Blue Thunder, But I think it will eventually Turn up in one of those $7.50 Sales So I'm holding off. I'm Interested in Brokeback and Narnia but have seen neither, I have a New Test on buying DVD's and it's saving me alot of Money. I ask myself How Likely I am to watch the movies again within the Next Year, and Unless I think it's at least Twice, ,it goes in the Netflix Queue. That's why I've been buying mostly TV Series. I'm already on my 3rd viewing of my Deadwood Box Sets so despite the high price it's worth the $$$, I've watched my Trek and B5 sets a few times. Movies, I've watched Batman Begins 3 times so that was a good buy. I guess the Allure of Have to have it sitting on my Shelf is Wearing off, thank God only took 8 years !

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I knew I was going to get caught soon since there had been nothing I wanted for several weeks. Sure enough, 4/4 is the day
Tripping the Rift Season 2
The Nun Story
Shoes of the Fisherman (have been waiting for these two since November)
Narnia
Brokeback Mountain
and Knight Rider Season 4 will have to wait until next week since there is nothing on the current schedule.
My aching wallet....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Interesting discipline, Dave. I've really cut back myself. But I think I could stand to cut back some more. :b And I don't buy nearly as many as several of the posters that frequent the RoundUp!

My own queue of unwatched movies is getting longer and longer. It's NOT because of some perverse need to collect movies and then not watch them. I just need to create the time to watch them. Maybe if I gave up the RoundUp! :D Honestly, between work, tax time, financial aid paper for the kids schooling, yard work, errands...how's a guy suppose to have any quality time with his HT?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Maybe for DVDs, but there was a Dungeons & Dragons game which came with the 3rd Edition players handbook free. (Probably worth about $20.) Too bad the game sucked.

Jason

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall seeing Robin Hood: Men In Tights out on DVD (except a PAL R2 release that I've considered importing). Is this disc available only in the box set (both Amazon and DDD have nothing listed for an individual release), or is it available (or will be available) separately any time soon?

I'm highly interested in this title, but not interested enough in the rest right now to go buy the whole box set (though I probably will eventually). Guess I'll have to settle for renting it from Netflix (along with Brokeback Mountain and a couple others from this week, though I rented Crash and liked it enough that I'll probably pick up the 2-disc SE that comes out this week).

Thanks Mike and Patrick the RoundUp every week!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Might that friend be a certain Joe F??

I'll give him hell later for giving you and us false hope! :D

BrandonJF

Second Unit
The Kenny Rogers/Erin Gray/Diane Lane classic "Six Pack" is coming out this week, too! Anamorphic widescreen. Woo hoo! Anyone? Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks