What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/29 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Randy BA, I'll try Borders tomorrow for LBM. Thanks for the reminder; I'd frankly forgotten about checking with them! :eek:

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member

Is the follow-up to:

If you've never seen 100 Girls, either catch it on HBO or Shotime the numerous times they air it every month, or just pick it up at Tower for $14.99 (which is now the SRP) and 100 Women on sale for $19.99 (SRP is $24.99). Best Buy probably won't have it for a few more days, just like with every other Lions Gate title I encounter (Sol Goode and Cube 2 come to mind).

:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Matt, don't know either film; sorry. Don't have cable, sorry. Don't need another blind buy...sorry! :p)

Borders is holding Little Big Man and Rio Lobo for me, $14.99 each. As he was about to hang up, I told him to add The Shootist and Man Called Horse to that pile if he spots it on the shelf. All is well, finally.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
In addition to decent prices on Treasure Planet and Treasure Island, Costco also is offering a $5 rebate if you purchase both of them. It is a mail-in rebate, not an instant one like some of the other stores. You have to clip one of the PoP's off of each disc's cover. The rebate form is on the inside of the cardboard case for Treasure Planet, so don't inadvertently throw it away if you plan to use it. Treasure Planet is also packaged with a pretty cool pre-teen level kids book of Jim Harker's Journal, which may or may not be available at other stores.

Regards,

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Indeed I got my stuff at Borders (except for The Shootist, darnit). The employee had "lost" my stuff on hold, but a supervisor found it after 10 minutes or so of looking. By way of apology the guy handed me an extra coupon he had for 20% off my entire order. I accepted his apology, by way of buying 9 DVDs and a few kids books for my son. :D

Sometimes patience is rewarded!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart in Corona, California keeps coming through with great prices on new releases. Picked-up the following for $13.88 each:

Two Weeks Notice (WS)
Treasure Planet
Treasure Island

Used the $4.00 coupon on TI (for the combined purchase of TI & TP) resulting in a net cost of $11.88 each!

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Has anyone gotten the Xena set from Best Buy? Just wondering if these puppies are actually in the stores or MIA.

Deborah

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hee hee....

Drove to the big city today and stopped at Wal-Mart. Got both "Treasure Planet" and "Treasure Island" and was able to use both coupons.

TP $14.77 - $3.00 = $11.77
TI $19.95 - $4.00 = $15.95

:emoji_thumbsup: :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Malcolm, I didn't know they had a Wal-Mart in Bellows Falls!
Where the hell's Bellows Falls? Oh, you mean that little podunk, blink-and-you-miss-it village in the middle of the Town of Rockingham? Nope, no W-M there. On that side of the state, all the W-M's are just over the border in NH.

Also saw the "Mr. Bean" set at Costco for $29.99 (lower than in Dave's Round-Up) if anyone's buying. I think I'm ordering from another region myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks