What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-29-2008 (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual for the listing. Wanted to remind everyone that two more Godzilla titles are being released this week (as individual releases)

All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge)
Terror of Mechagodzilla.

$11.98 each at amazon.

Edit: I see that Rick mentioned the Mechagodzilla title.

- Walter.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just to avoid confusion, I think the Blu-Ray deals are actually on TMNT, which is the CGI film from a couple of years ago, as opposed to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film from the '90s (which I don't think is out on BD yet).

Note that TMNT contains some truly spectacular A/V demo material, and isn't a bad movie to boot (just skip the first 10 minutes, which make little sense and spoil the mystery of things that get explained again later anyway ;) ).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I believe Bill is referring to the release of the latest game in the popular Grand Theft Auto video game franchise.

As for the DVDs, I'll eventually pick up the Diamondbacks WS set once it hits the inevitable 50% sale that those baseball sets always have.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I doubt I'll actually get that set...but there is something awfully attractive about that particular world series...

;)

[Mike ducks for cover as brickbats start flying!]

John Swarce

Second Unit
For those of you in the Northeast, Newbury Comics has the Fall of the Roman Empire Limited Collector's Edition for $29.99.

Mike, this LCE is a 3 disc set, not 2 discs as listed in the grid.

--John

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife (who always knows to call me when she is in a DVD-carrying store on a Tuesday to see if I "need anything") picked up Fall of the Roman Empire for me at my local Wal-Mart today for $18.xx. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Aaron: I'm, certainly no expert...but from reading the El Cid and FotRE threads, the impression I get is that the Weinsteins are not on-board the HD juggernaut so BDs of neither film are expected anytime soon.

...which is why I've gone SD-DVD on both films. after enjoying El Cid as much as I did, FotRE was a no-brainer. Hope it doesn't disappoint! ;)

John Swarce

Second Unit

Mike:

I think this was answered in an earlier post, but the link you posted has customer reviews of the set and they all talk about the third disc. Evidently Amazon made a mistake. Bill Hunt over at The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age has a picture of the set as an ad on the right side of the main page, showing the packaging with three discs.

I'll probably pick it up on Friday, if I can get over to Newbury Comics.

--John

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FYI: GameStop is running one of their buy-2-get-1-free deals on all used games and accessories. Also, all clearance items at Toys R Us are an extra 20% off, which includes some console games. Rock Band bundles are all $20 off at TRU this week as well.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
FWIW: I went out to Amazon last night to order "Young Indy" Vol. 3 (spending my $50 HD-DVD rebate), and saw they they had reduced the price - now going for $68.99.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick!

Just 27 Dresses for me this week . . . and I might grab the DVD as well. (ba-da-dump :) )

Anyway, I just found a $5 coupon for The Golden Compass in the May 5, 2008 People Magazine (Miley Cyrus on Cover with story "World's Richest Kids!").

Coupon Terms:
Save $5 Instantly
When You Buy The Golden Compass on DVD or Blu-ray!

Valid on purchase made between 4/29/08 and 6/1/08

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks