What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-22-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Will do. I remember all those discussions with you, me, Zen, et al all those years ago in another place and another time. Can't believe I'm just getting around to making the purchase. Guess I'm glad I waited for the BD fancy-schmancy release...even gladder that it's just $19.99.

Dennis: Have you seen this new "director's cut?"

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I have (and have watched) the super-dooper 5 disc HD-DVD set (now out-of-print, soon to be a collector's item!). But for a pal, I'll sell it to you for, oh, $25. :rolleyes

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual.

Finally getting the Major & the Minor makes this one of the best weeks of the year. I'll be watching Easy Living and Midnight on TCM, and may pick those up too.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Today Costco (Niles IL-near Chicago) had twin packs of Midnight/Easy Living and The Major and the Minor/She Done Him Wrong for $12.99. Also The Heiress/Going My Way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's interesting to see FYE get into the action with these various exclusives. They had an exclusive steelbook on the 2-disc Sweeney Todd.

I wonder what their saturation is compared to the Best Buy, Circuit City and Targets of this world? :)

I know TransWorld is based here in the NorthEast...I just don't know how far their reach is across the country.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nothing this week; I'll wait for HD editions of Cloverfield and Charlie Wilson's War, as much as I'd rather not.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I just got back from the Costco here in Huntsville, AL, and they had twin packs of all the Universal Cinema Classics titles. The other three are:

Scarface/No Man of Her Own
All Quiet on the Western Front/So Proudly We Hail!
Arabian Nights/Unconquered

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They claim to be "nationwide," but I guess that means they have stores in both New York and California since they only have locations in about half the states in-between. ;)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Target had a couple unadvertised new releases in stock today:
Friday Night Lights S2: $19.99
Laverne and Shirley S4: $29.99

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Somehow I missed jumping in here on Sunday while on vacation.

Lemme see...already grabbed X3 from Best Buy and T3 from Target (replacement coming). Stopping at Circuit City tonight to snag Phantom, Training Day and possibly Goodfellas. Thought about Mr. and Mrs. Smith, too...maybe by Saturday...

Thanks, as always, guys for keepingthe economy going here in Detroit. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I sure will. But, unfortunately Ric, I suspect it will be awhile before I can set aside the time I need (as recommended by Dennis) to watch this film.

In the meantime, guessing that they are reacting to this week's sale at Circuit City, amazon has lowered the price on the 5-disc Blade Runner set to just $19.95.

Doubt this will last long. CC's sale ends Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks