What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-19-2011 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Interesting. Looks like BB might be matching Target's prices/deals for the BDs of Narnia 3 and The King's Speech...

Hmmm... Does Target normally make you wait for the $5 GC to be mailed to you (for The King's Speech BD deal)? That's what BB does. I'd have more incentive to do the GC deal if I can use it right away on something else (like the Narnia 3 BD)...

BTW, Mike, looks like the Glee Encore BD is actually $12.99 at Target (at least according to their site) -- and likewise (matched?) at BB. No plans to get that myself, but thought you might want to know...

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

BTW, Mike, looks like the Glee Encore BD is actually $12.99 at Target (at least according to their site) -- and likewise (matched?) at BB. No plans to get that myself, but thought you might want to know...

Got my Target flyer in my hand right now. Glee: Encore BD $12.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Got my Target flyer in my hand right now. Glee: Encore BD $12.

Aaaah... I see it in the tiny print on their Weekly Ad (on the site) now -- didn't notice it before and thought the site price would be the same. Guess it's one of those cases where the site itself offers a different price from in-store price.

_Man_

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm... Does Target normally make you wait for the $5 GC to be mailed to you (for The King's Speech BD deal)? That's what BB does. I'd have more incentive to do the GC deal if I can use it right away on something else (like the Narnia 3 BD)...

_Man_
Target just gives you a free $5 card at the time of purchase: the register prompts the cashier to offer it. You won't be able to use it on the same transaction as the BD, but if you split your order in two, you could use it on the second half of the the order....

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Amazon has dropped prices on some Blu-rays this week to match Target's prices:

[COLOR= #000080]Despicable Me (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)[/COLOR]

Price: [COLOR= #ff0000]$17.99[/COLOR] & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime amznJQ.onReady('JQuery', function() { (function($) { if (!window['ClientEventLogger']) { ClientEventLogger = { endpoint: '/gp/prime/utility/mss-client-event-log.html', setMessageID: function(messageID) { this.messageID = messageID; }, setMessageGUID: function(messageGUID) { this.messageGUID = messageGUID; }, logActionCode: function(actionCode) { $.ajax({ 'type': 'POST', 'url': this.endpoint, 'async': false, 'cache': false, 'global': false, 'timeout': 250, 'data': { 'messageId': this.messageID, 'messageGUID': this.messageGUID, 'actionCode': actionCode } }); } }; amznJQ.declareAvailable('ClientEventLogger'); $(document).ready(function() { $(".primeEvent[rel]").click(function() { var actionCode = $(this).attr("rel"); ClientEventLogger.logActionCode(actionCode); }); }); } })(jQuery); }); amznJQ.available('ClientEventLogger', function() { ClientEventLogger.setMessageID('no_message|DETAIL_PAGE_Prime_FT_PRIME_5761_C|no_message|no_message|DETAIL_PAGE_Prime_SSS|no_message'); ClientEventLogger.setMessageGUID('8679fef9-0017-4e02-9e95-8d2628d048c4'); }); Link: http://www.amazon.com/Despicable-Three-Disc-Blu-ray-Combo-Digital/dp/B002ZG97EC

[COLOR= #000080]The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [Blu-ray][/COLOR]

Includes:

• Disc 1: Theatrical Feature Blu-ray
  • Disc 2: Theatrical Feature DVD
  • Disc 3: Digital Copy

Price: [COLOR= #ff0000]$17.99[/COLOR] & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime Link: http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Narnia-Voyage-Treader-Blu-ray/dp/B002ZG99PY

[COLOR= #000080]Megamind (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [/COLOR]

Price: [COLOR= #ff0000]$12.99[/COLOR] & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime Link: http://www.amazon.com/Megamind-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-DVD-Combo/dp/B003UESJFG

I checked Amazon prices on a few more of the Target Blu-ray titles that Mike listed in "The Specials" and Amazon's price is either the same, or marginally higher (i.e. Amazon.com has Mamma Mia! Blu-ray for $10.49). My guess is that Amazon is matching (or at least close to matching on most, if not all, of the titles listed). Here's Mike's list:

--Target has the following Blu-ray titles on sale this week (along with selected others):

$9.99: Mamma Mia!, It's Complicated, Marley & Me, Serenity, American Gangster.

$12.99 ($6.99 DVDs): How to Train Your Dragon, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Shrek: The Final Chapter, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Ramona & Beezus, Coraline, Megamind.

$17.99 ($13.99 DVDs): Toy Story 3, Bambi, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Despicable Me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks--as always--Jeff!

I have confirmed that amazon has dropped the blu combo pack of How to Train Your Dragon to $12.99 to match Target, too.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon Ordered How To Train Your Dragon along with a few other things to qualify for the free shipping. I doubt it'll get lower than $12.99 for a long while, if ever.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Thanks for the heads up on the Bambi BD at BB. I wonder though if it's not some sort of pricing mistake since they have the DVD listed at $29.99 -- and have the buy 2-for-$35 deal going. Anyway, guess I'll jump on it now.

_Man_

I ordered Bambi and Alice in Wonderland online for instore pickup on that 2 for $35 deal. I got them for $30.49, because Alice was dropped to $17.50 (half of $35) but Bambi stayed $12.99.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Specials[/COLOR]

$14.99: Glee: S2 V1, [SIZE= 16px]Big Bang Theory: S4,[/SIZE] How I Met Your Mother: S5, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: S5, The Office: S6, House: S6, Burn Notice: S3, Justified, Castle: S2, MadMen: S3, Dexter: S4.

That must be Season 3, since Season 4 is the currently airing season on CBS.

I think you'll love HTTYD, since you're a Pixar fan. It's probably the most Pixar-like of any Dreamworks film. They just concentrate on telling a good story and omit all the stupid pop culture references and 80's music that they usually pack into most of their animated films. It was one of my favorite films from last year, and the best film yet, IMO, from Dreamworks Animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks