What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-17-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/320031/weekly-roundup-4-17-2012#post_3917318
You should be able to order Ghost Protocol at BB for in store picks now.

Thanks for that reminder this morning, Tony.

I went this route as it turned out I would NOT be able to get to the store today. I've gotten notification that my disc is waiting for me...AND I even had a $10 RZ certificate to use on the purchase!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I ordered my Mission Impossible from Best Buy Online, free shipping, just had to pay tax. They had the 3-disc BB edition for $19.99, with the simple designation "Best Buy" in the name. They also had a non Best Buy version for $22.99....I presume this is the 2-disc version. Why anyone would want it, I don't know.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Glad to help Mike.
I did it this way too. I was still able to get there around 10:30 though and there were dozens of both versions on the shelves.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/320031/weekly-roundup-4-17-2012#post_3917634

All links have been added to the grid in the OP. Thanks, Matt!
Thank you, Mike. Just sorry I couldn't have had them up earlier before you compiled the grid. I'll have next week's The Organizer up later today (hopefully).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Thanks for that reminder this morning, Tony.
I went this route as it turned out I would NOT be able to get to the store today.  I've gotten notification that my disc is waiting for me...AND I even had a $10 RZ certificate to use on the purchase!  :eek:
As much as the nascent OCD in me likes to look through the rack and find the copy without the busted or dented cardboard outside cover, I've been going this route for all of the Best Buy exclusives lately. When I picked up my copy of Ghost Protocol yesterday after work, I was shocked at how small the Mission Impossible display was. Best Buy puts in the minimum effort for media product these days. The focus is clearly on the higher markup items.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
The last Disney display (Lady and the Tramp) was an embarrassment. I mean, the thing was there, but it had so little on it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My local BB had an entire display filled with Ghost Ptotocol. Normally it has all the new releases and sale itmes in it but not this time.
Also there were plenty more on another display too.
I want to get a pristine cover too so if the one they give me isn't I just say I'll be right back and go get one that is perfect. Sometimes I just bring one over with me just in case.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/320031/weekly-roundup-4-17-2012#post_3917854
As much as the nascent OCD in me likes to look through the rack and find the copy without the busted or dented cardboard outside cover, I've been going this route for all of the Best Buy exclusives lately. When I picked up my copy of Ghost Protocol yesterday after work, I was shocked at how small the Mission Impossible display was. Best Buy puts in the minimum effort for media product these days. The focus is clearly on the higher markup items.

I'm not sure why, Adam...but I strolled through the CD section tonight at our local Best Buy (Adam & I are neighbors) and it was even more embarrassingly empty than the DVD/Blu section. I'm spending a lot more time (anytime I'm in Crossgates) at FYE looking for bargains.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
TonyD said:
My local BB had an entire display filled with Ghost Ptotocol. Normally it has all the new releases and sale itmes in it but not this time.
Also there were plenty more on another display too.
Mine too. The movie and CD sections seem to be stabilized lately, size-wise. The video game department is still bigger than either.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I'm not sure why, Adam...but I strolled through the CD section tonight at our local Best Buy (Adam & I are neighbors) and it was even more embarrassingly empty than the DVD/Blu section.  I'm spending a lot more time (anytime I'm in Crossgates) at FYE looking for bargains. 
FYE is really hit and miss, in my experience; I've gotten some really great deals there from time to time, particularly for TV on DVD, but its day-to-day pricing tends to be significantly higher. I don't know if you go to the Target where Northway Mall is, or if you just stick with the one across the river, but when they moved their media section to the back of the store, the selection there really took a hit as well. Downloads and streaming must be really taking a bite out of the market to the point where it's just not profitable to use up a lot of floor space on some entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks