What's new

Weekly Roundup 4-13-2010 (1 Viewer)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Well, Wal Mart had Great Mouse Detective for $15. They wouldn't pm their website. So I ordered it from walmart.com & sent it Site to Store for $11.86 + tax (free shipping). It is being prepped for shipment via FEDEX. Scheduled to arrive Friday.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Though we'll have to settle for keeping the older DVD of The (Adventures Of The) Great Mouse Detective on the shelf, "Emergency" season 6 came home this evening, from Best Buy, price matched to $29.99 off their website. Let's see if my wife will think to look on the shelf for it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Pirate Radio 17.99 (+tax) after using the Universal 5off coupon.

Apollo 13 (again) from Amazon - LD, LD Universal Signature, DTS LD, DVD 10th Anniversary, HDDVD, now 15th Anniversary Blu-ray. Damn I must love this movie.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
The Great Mouse Detective arrived from Amazon.com today.

Picked up Apollo 13 on Blu-ray from Best Buy today for $14.99 with the Universal coupon from Facebook. It didn't take anything off when the cashier scanned it (since it's technically not valid on sale prices), but she looked at it for a minute and then overrode it manually.

My Target also had Apollo 13 for 19.99...this appears to be their regular price, as it was on the regular shelf tag and not a "Sale" tag, so the Universal $5 coupon from Facebook will probably work with less hassle there, if anyone's interested.

Edit: my copy from Best Buy had $10 MovieCash to see Robin Hood in May; the copies at Target did not.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There's a documentary called Blessed is the Match, but this is the first I've heard of a dramatization. Anyone seen it?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if these are new, but they were on the featured endcap with Target's TV/Box Set releases...they have several exclusive Bravo season sets (Kathy Griffin, Flipping Out, Millionaire Matchmaker, Real Housewives to name a few). Most were $16.99 regular price, with Real Housewives at $19.99 each.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Dave Corder ">[/url]

Picked up Apollo 13 on Blu-ray from Best Buy today for $14.99 with the Universal coupon from Facebook. It didn't take anything off when the cashier scanned it (since it's technically not valid on sale prices), but she looked at it for a minute and then overrode it manually.

My Target also had Apollo 13 for 19.99...this appears to be their regular price, as it was on the regular shelf tag and not a "Sale" tag, so the Universal $5 coupon from Facebook will probably work with less hassle there, if anyone's interested.

Edit: my copy from Best Buy had $10 MovieCash to see Robin Hood in May; the copies at Target did not.
[/QUOTE]I wasn't planning on picking up the Apollo 13 BD just yet -- was gonna wait for a better sale (w/out using the Facebook coupon as I do not want to touch Facebook at all) -- but I just happened to be (finally) returning a copy of the Princess and the Frog BD to BB (after getting in on the crazy good Toy Story deal at TRU a few weeks back) and noticed the MovieCash offer, so decided to just go for it at BB. And as I suspected (and you seem to partially confirm), the MovieCash offer might be exclusive to BB (and maybe certain other big chains though apparently not Target and probably not Amazon either).

Also picked up Walk the Line BD for ~$15 from BB. BB also had a pretty long list of BDs on sale for ~$10-15 -- and actually marked as such at the one I visited -- although some of the sale prices were apparently ending yesterday while others supposedly expire on 5/1. I almost picked up Speed Racer BD for the kids at just ~$10 for instance. I'm guessing though that Amazon may pricematch at least some of those sale prices.

I did also notice Amazon's buy-2-get-$5-off deal for a handful of Universal titles including Apollo 13, but decided I didn't want to get it that way since I don't want to be tied to a preorder (at not-so-special prices) just to save the $5. I *might* still use that offer though for Elizabeth and maybe Carlito's Way, but haven't decided yet (and the deal will likely just expire before I'm ready to commit

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I ended up picking up Apollo 13 using the $5 facebook coupon at Target. My wife says Target honors all manufacturers coupons regardless of whether the current price is regular or sale price. She is a coupon queen who knows her stuff and I mean this in a good way...on our Target shopping trip today we got $90 of stuff for about $50, and our typical grocery shopping trip is about 50% off of their regular price totals.

On the other hand, I always have problems with Best Buy and coupons. If the coupon says regular price and the item is on sale, they will always apply the coupons against whatever the regular price is in their system (or will tell you to hold onto the coupon because you'd waste it). Used to be they'd override and apply it against the sale price.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by nolesrule ">[/url]

I ended up picking up Apollo 13 using the $5 facebook coupon at Target. My wife says Target honors all manufacturers coupons regardless of whether the current price is regular or sale price. She is a coupon queen who knows her stuff and I mean this in a good way...on our Target shopping trip today we got $90 of stuff for about $50, and our typical grocery shopping trip is about 50% off of their regular price totals.

On the other hand, I always have problems with Best Buy and coupons. If the coupon says regular price and the item is on sale, they will always apply the coupons against whatever the regular price is in their system (or will tell you to hold onto the coupon because you'd waste it). Used to be they'd override and apply it against the sale price.
[/QUOTE]I find both BB and Target to be a mixed bag in the NYC area. I couldn't even get Target to honor their own web-printed coupon the last-and-only time I tried (not w/out a real hassle anyway). Near as I can tell, BB seems fine enough w/ accepting coupons here as long as I don't order online for in-store pickup *and* don't need to do any pricematching, including matching their own website. Target *should* be better (based on what others say), but my experience here in the NYC area hasn't been great -- maybe it's just a NYC area thing (or maybe it was some sort of holiday shopping season thing when I got rejected).

Anyway, I would've tried using a coupon for Apollo 13 at BB *IF* it didn't require signing up w/ Facebook...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks