What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4/12/2005 (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member

I've reviewed all four of the new Disney DVDs at UltimateDisney.com. The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin is the only one correctly presented in its theatrical aspect ratio; it is 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen on DVD. The other three appear to be mostly open-matte, with probably some cropping from mildly wider aspect ratios (1.66:1 or 1.75:1). Not all of them look so great either, but Bullwhip does.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you missed out on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit gift-pack last month ($24.99), it's now $6.99 at Best Buy online (I believe it'll ring up as such at the retail stores as well).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, awesome! Just when I thought I was getting little value out of Reward Zone, they offer this. I'll be getting A-Team, Magnum, pi, and Bob Newhart at Best Buy. Until I saw that, I figured I'd have to swing by Circuit City for Magnum (or price match).

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
FYI:

According to my ad, you have to be a Rewards Zone member to get both Ocean's 12 and Ocean's 11 for $20 on the same reciept. Non members can get Ocean's 11 for $9.99 and Ocean's 12 for $16.99.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Mike.

There are a couple of Mr. Rogers DVDs coming out that I will get. Sam's Club is selling them for $11.xx (they include the bonus toys).

Sam's is also carrying the Bob Newhart Show for $19.xx. I'll pick it up at either Sam's/Costco (whoever has it cheaper).

Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
rutger_s:

You are correct, sir! I glossed over that completely as I was compiling this week's info. Everyone be warned!

BrentJ

Second Unit
Does Oceans Eleven come in a keep case now? I know it used to come in a flipper. Thanks

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Costco is selling all of those season 1 sets that are $17.99 at BB for $14.99 each.

I would've picked up Boomtown yesterday if my wife hadn't been there to stop me! :D

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Mike -- great job with the Roundup, as usual. Thanks.

It's Boomtown for me. I Netflixed the first disc -- good show -- last year and have been waiting for a price drop.

Also getting:

All in the Family IV
Jeffersons III
Bob Newhart I - ? (If I get this one, it'll be for the wife. :D )

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I disagree!
If they were charging more for the new releases (without having a RZ Card) than the competition I could see your argument, but they are at or below the sale prices of Target and CC. Heck, I ended up buying Bob Newhart at BB because it was a little cheaper there w/RZ than it would have been at Target with my employee discount...AND I get the points!

This is an added perk to the Card and I wrote BB to tell them that!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I ended up picking up Boomtown Season 1 for $14.99 at Costco today (since I needed gas, I popped in to see if they have the season sets for $14.99, and they did, but I passed on the rest, though Alf did pique my interest).

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick.

I picked-up Ocean's Twelve ($14.87) and Hotel Rwanda ($15.87) at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) today.

Wal-Mart had Ocean's Twelve packaged (side-by-side shrinkwrapped) with a Bonus Ocean's Twelve DVD containing Bonus Material / Behind the Scenes from an HBO special (according to the package). What is interesting is that while the package was labeled "Bonus DVD", Wal-Mart's shelf tag stated "Ocean's Twelve DVD W/ Gift". But, this 2 pack is priced at $19.72. Hmmmmm - I'm wondering how that's considered a gift?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
From one of my posts in this thread:

:D Did they even read the original email? PLEASE tell me if it sounded like I was upset in any way! But, heck, I am not gonna complain about it!

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Eric, that is too funny :D. That seems to be an automatic thing they do whenever something doesn't fit one of their other form e-mails. I've gotten about $30 in RZ certificates from e-mailing them and complaining about the smallest things (i.e. "My RZ certificate took too long to arrive", "I didn't get my bonus RZ points for this purchase" - they credit my account 15,000 points and then I get my original bonus points a couple days later, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks