What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/1 (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Do you guys think the extra disc is worth $15?
Speaking as a fan that loves DS9 more than any other Trek series, Yes. I think that the supplemental disk (Quark's Story) is worth $15. The first disk (DS9 Scrapbook) wasn't eye-poppingly fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but it was nice to see a little more of the interviews contained in the Section 31 Hidden Files. I have no idea what Quark's Story actually entails, but I'm sure as heck gonna find out tomorrow. I think I'll be really glad that I have all 7 supplements in the end.

Here's hoping they throw in somewhere along the line the DS9 Episode Guide CD-Rom like they did with TNG.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Me too Jodee. I'd like to have the complete version with intermission but they're gonna have to come down in price first. Looks like only the one disc Red Dragon for me instead of the planned Director's cut and the WSS SE.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yepeeeee! I have been meaning to pickup Cider House Rules for some time. Heck, at $10 I am throwing Good Will Hunting in there also!

Thanks Dave! :emoji_thumbsup:

--
Holadem

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

My price for DS 9 at Costco is based on my experience with Season 1. That was $84.99 and was in the Union, NJ store on the tstreet date. I'm heading there now to see if Season 2 arrived on time.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
No Power Rangers or Land Before Time disks at my Circuit City this morning. They had 1 copy of the West Side Story Box and I snagged it along with Red Dragon (reg version) and Wild Thornberries

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Just back from Costco & they had DS 9 Season 2 for $84.99. Also, the new West Side Story was available for $21.99. That's the best price I've seen anywhere.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Just got off the phone with the local Hastings--West Side Story is on sale for $19.99. Didn't ask how long it would be on sale, since I'm planning on getting it this afternoon.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Popped in to post about Costco's West Side Story price... should have known that someone would beat me to it!;)

My wife said that she thought Costco only had the choice of the two regular Red Dragon discs, and didn't see a "2-Disc" version. Anyone confirm that their Costco has the 2-disc Director's version?

Jodee

Screenwriter
I broke down and bought WSS at Costco. That price wasn't bad. Also got Far From Heaven there for $17.49. I did not see the 2-disc Red Dragon.

I then went to Best Buy where I bought the 1-disc Red Dragon, PM'd Secretary for $15.99, Dawson's Creek, and DS9. Whew!

I still think Universal is crazy for wanting so much for the 2-disc Red Dragon. $14.99 vs. $27.99? I love extras as much as the next DVDaholic but $13 for a disc of extras is beyond ridiculous. I may have paid $5 more, but $13 is practically another movie. I could see if the extra disc had another cut of the movie perhaps, but just extras is crazy. You'd have to be a huge fan of the movie.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Just got back form Costco's. As others have said:

- West Side Story $21.99 :)
- Far from Heaven $17.49
- Beatles Anthology $45.99 :)

All except WSS reported correctly. It seems Costco is trying to get back into the game ;) .

Joel

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
people keep saying that the s disc red dragon is 13 more then the 1 dvd version.
this is true...this week.

next week the reg price of the 1 dvd will likley be 20 or 22 at most stores. so it really will only be about 5 dollars more, give or take 1 dollar at most stores.

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
For those who want the 2 disc Red Dragon:

$19.99

Free shipping with purchase of two or more items.

(Admin note - corrected link)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else finding zero copies of Season 1 or Season 2. They might as well offer $100 back if they know that they don't, haven't and aren't planning on ever having all three seasons in stock. :frowning: I'm having one transferred, hopefully it will be here by Sat.

What a week, I didn't get Dawson's Creek, Friends Season 1, or West Side Story and still went over $250.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else finding zero copies of Season 1 or Season 2.
You mean Friends? Yeah, I found a boatload of 'em at Best Buy tonight. [rant]At $59.99 each![/rant] :angry: Shit, if they won't take the markdown on them, they can just eat 'em!

Ridiculous.

Sigh...I feel better now. Okay, I came up empty on Continental Divide, darnit, but I expected to not find that one or Wildcats on the street date.

Except I *do* have to hand it to Best Buy for having a dozen copies of Wildcats in stock! I snatched it, the two I Love Lucy releases, and actually did the 3-for-$30 deal right with Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, and Romy & Michele.

But not before I hit Wal-Mart up for cheaper prices on Red Dragon ($14.24 for the 1-disc), both Disney Sing-Alongs ($14.44 each), a price-match on Secretary (based on the $15.99 price at Target/Circuit City...they had it set for $17.09 instead), Married...with Children #2 ($14.24), and Friends Season 3 was a steal at just $24.48! Must have been a mismark in the register, because I swear the handwritten shelf sign said $29.something. Maybe I mistook a 9 for a 4. Or maybe they did! :D

I saw Wild Thornberrys movie at Wal-Mart for around $15...best deal anywhere. Check it out if you want this DVD.

Well, I spent WAY too much money and I still have to look into Costco for the obvious things I'm missing. I say "look into" because we're still not sure that we'll upgrade WSS or continue with DS9, which I didn't like as much as TNG when each aired. In any case, I'm set for the next several weeks, with all these discs!!! :eek:

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart in Corona California has several new releases for $13.88 Each!

Far From Heaven
Red Dragon: Collector's Edition (1 Disc)(Both WS & FF Editions)
Secretary
The Wild Thornberrys Movie
The Other Side of Heaven
The Truth About Charlie

Thank you Wal-Mart!

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I saw that the Red Dragon 2-disc was 19.99 at suncoast.com this morning, so I decided to get to the mall early and check it there. I got there a little before 10:30 (they open at 10:00), and was told that they were selling it for 19.99 when the store opened, but quickly found their error and had bumped it up to 27.99. They even had to take down all the price cards for it, since those all read 19.99. I had $13 in GC's there, so I was looking forward to picking it up for $7. The girl I spoke to said they sold about a dozen or so at the 19.99 price, so if you were one of the lucky ones, congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread