What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/9 (1 Viewer)

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Please let me know if Target has the limited Schindler's box,
they had the Scarface box so.....maybe? thanks for any info.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Dawn of the Dead!!! Ohhhhh yeaaaaa! And maybe Futurama Volume 3. I'm so excited to finally complete the Romero trilogy in my collection.

Thanks Mike for this GREAT service!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the nice words everybody!

Yup, its not everybody that's gets Steven Spielberg to release blockbuster movies onto DVD on his birthday! ;)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
If you want a cure for insomnia, pick up "Bandolero!". It's the only movie I've ever paid to see at a commercial theater during which I fell asleep. That happened despite Raquel Welch's, ahem, "stand out" performance. :>) On the other hand, the trailer is downright hilarious. The announcer intones: "There have been other Westerns, but THIS is "Bandolero!" while the main characters run toward the edge of a cliff, slow down to take a couple of baby steps, look down, and see -- nothing. :>) (That scene appears in the movie, too, and is equally pointless there.)

Not Recommended. Not even for twelve bucks. Put your money toward one of the good ones on the list. (Of course if you get it as part of the Raquel Welch Collection, then, like her, you'll have a complete set.) :>)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Well, a trip to Target for Schindler seems in order then. Online buys of Mother Jugs and Myra Breckinridge. Pity about the bollixed-up One Million Years BC. :angry:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Los Angeles Times Sunday Edition had a Fry's ad that had Schindler's List for $15.99 if anyone is interested...

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Good news: My local Wal-Mart had "Schindler's List" for $15.87.

Bad news: my local Best Buy will not be carrying the new individual Raquel Welch DVD's; only the new box set. I was only wanting to buy "Mother, Jugs, and Speed" and--out of curiosity--"Myra Breckinridge". Not sure if the other three would be worth the box (especially "Bandolero", from what was written above).

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
What ever happened to I think his name was dave or david who use to do the weekly round up? Did he stop. Havent been here in a couple of mnths.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Target is indeed $16.99, which is where I bought it since the local Wal-Marts came in at $17.88 :frowning:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
In another forum, some folks are reporting that at Best Buy, Dawn of the Dead is ringing up at $11.99!

Anyone able to confirm? At that price I might well pick one up to tide me over until the MegaSet.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I picked up Dawn of the Dead for $11.99 at Best Buy along with Schindler's List for $17.99 with the limited edition bonus photo 'booklet'.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

How exactly does this work? Do you just pick up whichever 2 titles on the shelf and they will automatically ring up at 15? I did not see any kind of display.

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone please verify the price of the Schindler's box set at Target or if they're even carrying it?
I plan to swing by after work and pick it up if they are.
Thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For get the 2 for $15, you do have to pick from that list of titles, the register at Best Buy will factor in the discount once 2 titles from that list are being purchased on the same transaction.

Is the Bonus booklet (Schindler's List) from Best Buy worth the extra $2?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Patrick,

I was thinking this would be a good opportunity to get "Spaceballs" and "Weekend at Bernie's" on the cheap. One more question, how long does it last? Until Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks