What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-7-2006 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Same here. At my Wal-Mart, the single-disc version was $19.89, but the 2-disc is still $22.84.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If I'm heading to Wal-Mart hoping for a "best price' on a DVD any given week, I usually bring my bb or cc flyer with the lowest price for that item with me and just do a price-match if the W-M price is higher.

Actually, though, my Wal-Mart keeps several copies of the Sunday flyers up at the front registers or at the customer service desk because they are so confident of their "always low prices".

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Wow, big discrepancies in Walmart prices, 1-Disc $14.84 in Indiana, to $19.89 in Vermont. Hope mine is low when I go later today.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Re: Best Buy online for 2 disc HP...

I actually e-mailed their customer service when I saw that on Wednesday, 3/1.

"I am David with Best Buy Customer Care.

I understand your concern about our incorrect listing for the Goblet of Fire DVD's.

Best Buy strives to make each experience you have with us to be positive and as fun as possible. We are disappointed if we don't live up to that expectation. I have forwarded your message to the appropriate personnel for internal review and if necessary the web site will update shortly to
reflect the change."

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well my Walmart had the 1 disc for $13.84, so I picked it up. They also offered it bundled with a Harry Potter Scene-IT Sampler, but that sells for $19.89 and the disk is only a limited version of the Scene-IT disk in the HP Trivia Game, so I passed on that.

danDo

Agent
My walmart had an instant discount of ~$2 on the two dvd set so it came out to ~$20. It was next to impossible to find in all the single dvd and "packed with sceen it" dvd.

I also did not see a SE edition of jarhead at my walmart, but I did find a two pack of jarhead and SE/CE Spy Game for $19. I picked up the two pack as I have been wanting spy game.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Well at this moment there are no 2 disc editions of jarhead on amazon (except by private people) or listed on ebay. So I have a feeling this is going the way of the Cinderella Man 2-disc edition, so if you are still on the fence about it you should pick it up while you still can.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
For those hunting down the Jarhead 2-disc, Tower Records (Tower.com) has it for $22.99 with free shipping, maybe tax depending on your location. Reputable B&M/online vendor, have ordered from them with absolutely no processing/shipping/etc. problems in the past... just did it again. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think Costco even stocked the 1-disc version of HP. I only saw cases of the 2-disc version for $20.99. They would have priced the 1-disc at $18.99 anyway, so probably felt the 2-disc for $2 more was a better value for members.

Costco also had all the Miyazaki new releases, and some catalog titles, for $18.99.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Went to Target in search of throat lozenges to go with my Z-pack (strep, GRRRR!) and somehow found myself searching for them in the dvd section. Weird. Anyway, that 3-D HP cover kept looking at me, following me wherever I turned... so I bought one of the last couple left; most I've paid for a single, non-Criterion title in I-don't-know-how-long -- maybe ever (er, or at least since I ordered the 2-disc Jarhead online a couple of days ago)! Arrrrgh! I feel... so... weak!

:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks