What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-6-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dpippel /t/319016/weekly-roundup-3-6-2012#post_3903206

I was surprised to see the blu of Out of Africa today for only $19.99 at a local FYE store (TransWorld Entertainment).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I was surprised to see the blu of Out of Africa today for only $19.99 at a local FYE store (TransWorld Entertainment).

Hmmm. I didn't realize there was a Blu of OoA which had been released in June 2011. That must be what I saw. It can be picked up on Amazon right now for $11.xx or $12.xx.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Hmmm. I didn't realize there was a Blu of OoA which had been released in June 2011. That must be what I saw. It can be picked up on Amazon right now for $11.xx or $12.xx.

Mike, this is the original "DNRed to death" Blu-ray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dpippel

Mike, this is the original "DNRed to death" Blu-ray.

Do we know, Doug, if the new release is a different transfer?

This is not a title I pay a lot of attention to.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't know Mike. I remember reading something about a "corrected" release coming up, but whether or not this is it is unknown to me. Maybe someone else with better info will chime in.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
In this post RAH references a replacement for the previous.

March - Out of Africa (a replacement for the poor quality first release). In honor of their 100th Universal should actually do a swap on this title for all those who purchased it on Blu-ray presuming a quality release.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Cameron. Glad to see that the new transfer has received the RAH "Seal of Approval", but it's still going to have to drop well below $35 before I bite. Universal should also be giving customers who purchased the horrendous previous release an even swap instead of charging them $20 to "upgrade" as far as I'm concerned.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Got the BB exclusive of Game of Thrones yesterday and finished watching it tonight. Wow, what a series! For those who have yet to watch this, please take the rating seriously. Also picked up the Immortals 3D, The Town BB exclusive and To Catch A Thief BRs. Thanks for the RU this week Mike!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks