Weekly RoundUp 3-29-2011 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by TravisR
They didn't have the combo of Black Swan at the Target in my area either (do I smell a conspiracy?). The price was the same on the regular Blu-ray and since I have no real need for the extra DVD, I just picked that up.

Actually, they seemed out of both(!). I had to ask about both the 4-disc Tangled *and* Mad Men set as well. I wonder though whether they maybe actually have it, but the guy just thought it's out -- he didn't actually check w/ his scanner like he did for Tangled and Mad Men. I wonder if it's not the same kind of issue they had w/ the Dances w/ Wolves BD, which somehow got lost in their system and would only come up if they punch in the correct inventory ID. When I checked their website, they always listed DwW as available, but I could never find it at the store until I asked them to specifically check w/ the inventory ID I grabbed off the site -- they didn't have the shelf tag for DwW to scan either. Guess I shoulda looked it up on my BB Tour and asked them to check against the ID. Maybe I'll do that next time if/when they price it lower or something -- it's not like I'm really dying to spend $20 on it anyway, but at least the included DVD would let share it w/ others...

_Man_

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Whoa, I'm glad I picked up that Target Black Swan. My store had maybe 20 copies on the shelf at noon Tuesday. In the throes of everything going on that day, I let Mad Men wait, but grabbed it today figuring that that $29 might soon be a thing of the past (for a while, anyway), and I also didn't want that nice slipcover to get away.

With all the biblical stuff on display, I've been very surprised not to find King of Kings in any store around here. And what else was I watching for? Soylent Green. Wasn't that this week, too? Nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks