What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, guys, for all the hard work, and Eric, congrats on the upward mobility!

Scott_J, thanks for the heads up on Tower.com's Kong deal! I took advantage and also grabbed Little Shop of Horrors for $4.99(!) to get the free shipping, which still makes the total order cheaper than if I'd bought the 2-disc Kong at a B&M store this week!

My other "must buy" this week is Robot Chicken, which I'll get by PMing the Target price at BB. I may also PM Quantum Leap season 3 and the Northern Exposure sets from CC (though they're reissuing seasons 1 and 2 of NE as one set at the same list price as the individual seasons, so I might wait on that). And I may also snag some more X-Files from BB, though I'm still irked that the new sets are each a disc short. And finally, I might also snag the 2-disc original Kong at BB.

I'd like to see Memoirs of a Geisha, but not enough for a blind buy. And I'd get the Ape Head set if money were no object, but alas, it is.

Big week!

And I can't believe they're doing an SE of the Devlin/Emmerich Godzilla...

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I want:
-Godzilla: Monster Edition
-Quantum Leap:Season 4
-Robot Chicken:Season 1
-Wonder Showzen:Season 1

I've already received my King King ('05) 2-Disc yesterday.

Not sure what I will get yet.Thanks Mike and Patrick and thanks to Eric for all the Target prices. Good luck with your career.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well I say nothing this week, but what are the odds that I actually don't try to get King Kong or Robot Chicken? I saw the movie only boxset for Planet of the Apes the other day for the new release...which it looks pretty neat. But you can't beat the giant ape head!

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor

Sure, Mike, and you give me a hard time for a comment in my "Sliver" review. :)

Anyway, KK will be the second title I'm holding off until I get a HD player. And that's certainly not going to be this week :frowning:

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
The APES series appear to be $9.99 each at FRYs and TARGET-at least on their web sites.
As for TOWER- you can sometimes find some odd 'hidden' specials-they had the 4 disc GWTW and BEN HUR a whlle back at $19.99

But $16.99 on KONG is almost unheard as a sale price reduction at TOWER.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

You may want to reconsider if you're interested in any of the current extras, since Jackson isn't one to use the same extras on two different releases.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i cannot resist ape head.
also no one has mentioned "snoopy come home".

are any other penauts out this weak besides A Boy Named Charlie Brown?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Maybe there is more than two being released Tuesday. Also, I guess there are issues with the AR. You may want to check into it before purchasing.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
There are just the two releases this week. There is another one slated for June. The review will be up tomorrow morning.

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
The Malle box should be selling for $57.99 at Best Buy. (At least thats what I paid for my set last week!)

Jimmy

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I've anxiously been awaiting Kong. Can't wait to see how it looks on my brand new 70" JVC 1080p via the Oppo! The darn ape's head is going to be as big as the HT room! :D

Mark

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Zip, zero and zilch this week. I've netflixed the Masters of Horror discs, so I'll be watching them eventually.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From the 7/26/05 Roundup:
Fast forward to this week's Roundup, and this virtually identical release upon us:

which is MIA from the Roundup. A little East coast (and specifically, Red Sox) bias there, eh Mike?
All I know, Mike, is I'll be calling you out again next week if this release:

is not included in the ol' Roundup (yes, I am an Astros fan).

And as for the White Sox set, the lowest online price appears to be $41.97 shipped at DDD in case anyone is interested (which, apparently, Mike doesn't think anyone is).

And yes, Mike, I'm fully aware of your disclaimer you post every week, just having a little fun with you. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:b

:D I throw myself upon the mercy of the court, Judge Scott_J!

Honestly, I had NO idea the ChiSox set was coming out this week! None! I hadn't even heard anyone was putting togther a ChiSox set!

IF I had known, it probably would have made the RoundUp. True, I'm a diehard Red Sox fan (I cannot tell you much I appreciated you pasting Joe Castiglione's call of the final out of the '04 series into your post! :emoji_thumbsup: It still gives me chills!), but I am a baseball fan above all. I sometimes see various team discs on new release weeks and while I oftentimes ignore them thinking that their fans will know and figure things out on their own, I normally will include something like a World Series or SuperBowl set.

Oh well. The 2005 Astros: The Champsionship Season, eh?! Sounds like the kind of disc us Red Sox fans used to pick up before 'o4. I cannot tell you how many versions of the '67, '75, and '86 Series I've seen over the years! :D

And, your honor, let the court's record show I still do NOT have the above-mentioned 12-disc '04 set in my own collection. Too rich for my blood...even though DDD has had some awfully good (and tempting) sales on it. I figure it's going to have to come down in price sometime...and I've got at least 3 or 4 single-disc compilations to hold me over until the big day finally comes....

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I had to order the KK 2-disc set from Tower, was just too good of a price to pass up. I also ordered "Lucas" with Corey Haim for $8.49 to get the free shipping...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks