What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-26-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered Lincoln 2-disc Blu from Amazon. I'm hoping they price match everyone before release date.

It usually would have happened by now.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
You are on fire, Mike! Thanks for the RoundUp. Lots of great releases this week.When we get the new review template up, you'll have plenty of reviews from all of us to link up.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those who have a Frys Electronics near them, they have a ton of BDs on sale not on their ad. Here's what I picked up today:

MIB 3 3D Blu Ray $22.99
Green Hornet 3D $9.99

And there were a whole bunch of BDs priced at $10 and $5, and not all unheard of titles either (Charlie's Angels was one I recalled seeing).

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Prices a bit high for a 10 episode first season, but I may pick up Continuum...

Things look great this week, Mike. Thanks for the continued hard work every week. :)

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Mike Frezon said:
I pre-ordered Lincoln 2-disc Blu from Amazon. I'm hoping they price match everyone before release date.

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't remember which title, but I had one just a few weeks ago that they didn't match until a few days later. I just got an e-mail, and a credit back to my account without having to do anything.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I was hoping for a better price on Parental Guidance, but it'll probably be on the under-$10 shelf at Target soon enough.

Are those $19.99 TV sets at BB DVD or Blu?

Thanks, Mike!

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Rodney said:
Olive Films is killing me this week!
Really! I count seven titles this week that I'll be buying:

McLintock
Devil and Miss Jones
The Sun Shines Bright
Ruthless
Hell's Half Acre
The Atomic Kid
China Gate

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've got Sun Shines Bright in my "to order" queue at Amazon.

I am very tempted...

It would be a blind buy...but anything I've read about it intrigues me. Especially the part about John Ford calling it his personal favorite amongst all his films.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Mike Frezon said:
I've got Sun Shines Bright in my "to order" queue at Amazon.

I am very tempted...

It would be a blind buy...but anything I've read about it intrigues me. Especially the part about John Ford calling it his personal favorite amongst all his films.
I'm cynical enough to (intuitively) suspect that a savvy marketer could find a similar quote or comment about any number of Ford's films - but I'm pre-sold, anyway, just as a Ford completist.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to have the Round-Up back!

Amazon has matched Best Buy's price on Enterprise: S1 and my order showed up today. However, Fry's has it in their ad for $59.99...I've just used the "tell us about a lower price" link on the Amazon detail page to report the Fry's price...if enough other people do that, hopefully they'll match it.

If that doesn't work, I think I'll try to get Best Buy to match Fry's price and get the bonus $10 gift card and return the Amazon order.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:

Sigwolf said:
I wouldn't worry too much. I don't remember which title, but I had one just a few weeks ago that they didn't match until a few days later. I just got an e-mail, and a credit back to my account without having to do anything.
And I shouldn't have worried. Amazon has dropped it's prices on Lincoln to $22.99 (2-disc Blu) and $27.99 (4-disc Blu).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it's funny. Amazon used to always have the lowest (or matched the lowest) price at preorder but I've noticed the last few months or so they've had abnormally high preorder prices, only to drop them on release date. No idea why they think that's a good idea when with their low price guarantee they're going to honor the lower price anyway when they ship it. :huh:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just got the Amazon e-mail about a refund for Enterprise. I'll be getting $14.09 back on my GC...to use toward TNG S3 in a few weeks. And I didn't even have to ask for it!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Plan on doing the BB deal for $25 GC for $100 purchase of BDs w/ some catchup TV titles like a couple of Fringe seasons and maybe some recent releases that dropped to $15 (and maybe the Men that Built America History channel set as well). Belated extra thanks for the new WRU, Mike. _Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks