What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-25-2008 (1 Viewer)

LarryH

Supporting Actor

Tony, are you referring to the B&C Blu ray? When I look it comes up as $28.25.

BTW: Mike and Patrick - thanks for your continuing work on this project!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks guys!

Picking up Frisky Dingo: Season 1 (if you like Auqa Teen Hunger Force or The Brak Show you'll love this) and Bonnie and Clyde BD. I plan on giving Lost Highway a rental first since I'm skeptical that its "my kind of movie" based on what I've heard from others.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Finally, an off week so I can catch up on some review titles. (A qualified recommendation for this week's PU-239 from HBO if anyone's interested.)

Thanks, as always, guys.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Maybe I'll upgrade my copy of Cars @ Best Buy this week. Disney's BluRay website has a $10 rebate for people who already own the SD version of Cars, so a $9.99 upgrade sounds good to me... I hope they continue to offer the upgrade rebates for the older titles.

olaf675

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
A title was missed for the Best Buy sale items this week. (At least they had this DVD at my local Best Buy.) They have the Limited 2-disc edition of "Lawrence of Arabia" in a hardcover-book like case for only $9.99. It's normally $25.99.

I purchased that, Goodfellas (2-disc special edition) and 'Das Boot - The Original Uncut Version' 2-disc version (Wow!) (NOT the 1-disc "Director's Cut" in the advertisement) each for $9.99.

Thanks for the weekly roundup! I didn't get a Best Buy ad either. Maybe because it was closed on Easter?

With prices for some of these, it makes me wonder if the whole industry is trying to liquidate their DVD stock. A little early perhaps, but I wonder how long it will be until no more DVDs.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no one knows.
the brothers weinstein havent said anything yet as far as i know.
there may have been a note somewere saying 4th quarter for genius titles.

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of The Mist, does anybody know what the store exclusives with this one are?

I think Best Buy is offering a paperback copy of the novella with the two-disc version, and Circuit City has a special cover or something. I picked up the two-disc at WalMart and the sticker on the cover boasts of a special "limited edition" collectible booklet, which I'm guessing is "limited" to all copies sold in North America and the rest of the English-speaking world.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, which has already been noted at least 3 or 4 times in this thread, both in text and in a screen cap of last week's circular which clearly stated there would be no print ad this week.

In fact, here it is for the third time. ;)

From last week’s Best Buy flyer:

Click here: http://www.bestbuy.com/weeklyad

olaf675

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Sorry! I saw that last week.

Too bad they didn't have "Lawrence of Arabia 2-disc Limited Edition" in the ad and the correct version of 'Das Boot', which is the 2-disc "uncut version" instead of the 1-disc "director's cut".

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
FYI-- the Warner Gangsters Vol 3 set is only 44.99 at Target-I couldn't resist at that price.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Found Gangsters #3 for $29.88 at Sam's Club! They also had Gangsters #1 and #2 for the same price.

No luck at Costco -- they only had Gangsters #1 and #2 for $29.99 each, along with the 5 Film Noir boxes at that price point.

However, Costco did have several Fox/MGM box sets for the very low price of $15.99 -- Clark Gable, Joan Collins, Mr. Moto vol. 1, Mr Moto vol. 2, Frank Sinatra, Frankie & Annette, Bob Hope and others.

They also had the 2-disc SEs of the Leone/Eastwood "Man With No Name" trilogy films for $9.99 each. They did not have Duck You Sucker (aka Fistful of Dynamite), though. However, Super Targets have that 2-disc SE on sale for $6.99 right now.

P.S. Many, many thanks to Mike for his tireless efforts on our behalf. I'd be lost without the Roundup!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You're welcome, Jay!

BTW, I forgot to report I stopped in my local BJs' Warehouse Club last night and I, too, only found the new Warner's Gangster sets Vol #1 & 2 (for $29.99 apiece). No set #3. :rolleyes:I'm not in the market for it, I just happened to notice.

I would have picked up The Price is Right set...but, alas, there were none of those there either. Might end up going the DD route sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks