What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-24-2009 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Hmmm...my math and reasoning sounds perfectly legit to my mind. Maybe someone else can see the problem.

$27.99 (BB's Bolt BD) + $19.99 (BB's L/S DVD) = $47.98
$26.99 (Target Price Match) + $15.99 (Target Price Match) = $42.98
$42.98 - $6 (BB Special) = $36.98

This doesn't include the $10 off coupon...

Yet my BB receipt indicates $15.99 (L/S) + $24.99 (Bolt) = $40.98

I'm thinking I'm owed another $4. I bet the price match screwed the whole thing up...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna figure, Jason, the price match made the $6 BB savings deal on the joint purchase null and void (in their mind...if not in yours). Maybe they figure it's a "not to be comined with any other offer" situation. Or, more accurately, they probably figure that the $6 savings is only valid on BB prices.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Do you have a Toys R Us in your area? Try this:

$24.99 (Bolt BD) + $19.99 (L&S DVD) = $44.98
$44.98 - $10 (buy Bolt plus any other Disney disc $19.99 & up and get $10 off) = $34.98
$34.98 - $10 (downloadable Bolt BD coupon) = $24.98

$24.98 + tax for both. You can also do it on Toys R Us' website, but you can't use the downloadable coupon, so it'd be $34.98 + tax.

Either way, you then buy spaghetti for the $4 mail-in rebate.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mike! The gal I asked as Customer Service said that the price match trumped the $6 offer, so there's the answer.

Aaron...the closest TRU to me is about 45 minutes away on a good day. In the end, I got the RZ points, didn't have to deal with stupid mall traffic and picked up the Bond movies I was missing, all in the same trip. If it was closer, I would have bit on that in a sec.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't blame you. I have a BB gift card, but TRU is right across the street from it and I'm sure I'll find something else to get at BB before too long.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I had my brother pick me up the Bolt DE, Lilo & Stitch and the 2 disc Quantum of Solace with the book from Target. I didn't bother with any coupons but maybe I should have now that the sales tax is 9% lol

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Got Pinocchio and Bolt, both on BD, at TRU for $34.98 after the $10 combo discount and the $10 Bolt coupon. Nice deal for Disney BD!

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Only took 3 days for Target's headquarters in Minnesota to answer my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Bastards say that the "Deluxe" version is not included in the $10 combo offer with Lilo & Stitch. They said there is a standard, deluxe & a blu ray release & while they're sorry I thought that my 2 disc standard dvd should qualify that it doesn't and I won't get the $10 savings those who bought the Joe 6 Pack sd dvd got. Nothing like penalizing people who spend an extra $7 for the 2 disc & Lilo on the same receipt.

By the way, I found this out just as I was getting back from Target. I hadn't checked the receipts real carefully and when mom took back the 3 dvds to try to get this resolved they had only credited her for the BOLT 1 disc. I had just checked my MasterCard this morning & found out I only had a very small credit for the one disc BOLT and then recharged me for the 2 disc BOLT (minus the $10 savings) & double charged me for Lilo & Never Say Never Again. Took 2 managers about an hour to go carefully over all of the receipts in their office & then credit me with $27.80 which I was overcharged.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And THAT is one ugly story, Bill. :frowning:

I hope the Target managers were, at least, nice to you along the way.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

Yes, the 2 managers were very nice. And I made out financially a bit better than they thought too. When I added the $11.76 they had credited me to the $27.80 that they credited me today it came out to $5 over the credit I had coming. SO it seems they erred and I ended up with 1/2 of the $10 I SHOULD have gotten for the BOLT/Lilo special.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
For those like me waiting for a better price on the SD-DVD of Quantum of Solace, starting on Monday 4.13 Costco is offering a $5.00 off coupon for all Fox SD-DVD titles, the price of the single disc should be 13.99 with the coupon...not much, but it keeps it below my self imposed 14.99 price limit ....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks