1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 3-24-2009

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Jason_V

Jason_V Well-Known Member

Jason
    Hmmm...my math and reasoning sounds perfectly legit to my mind. Maybe someone else can see the problem.

$27.99 (BB's Bolt BD) + $19.99 (BB's L/S DVD) = $47.98
    $26.99 (Target Price Match) + $15.99 (Target Price Match) = $42.98
    $42.98 - $6 (BB Special) = $36.98

This doesn't include the $10 off coupon...

Yet my BB receipt indicates $15.99 (L/S) + $24.99 (Bolt) = $40.98

I'm thinking I'm owed another $4. I bet the price match screwed the whole thing up...

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I'm gonna figure, Jason, the price match made the $6 BB savings deal on the joint purchase null and void (in their mind...if not in yours). Maybe they figure it's a "not to be comined with any other offer" situation. Or, more accurately, they probably figure that the $6 savings is only valid on BB prices.

3. Jason_V

Jason
    Thanks Mike! I have to stop at another store on the way home and *might* argue the point with them.

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I'd love to stand by your side for support...but I think that would do more harm than good! [​IMG]

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Do you have a Toys R Us in your area? Try this:

$24.99 (Bolt BD) + $19.99 (L&S DVD) = $44.98
    $44.98 - $10 (buy Bolt plus any other Disney disc $19.99 & up and get $10 off) = $34.98
    $34.98 - $10 (downloadable Bolt BD coupon) = $24.98

$24.98 + tax for both. You can also do it on Toys R Us' website, but you can't use the downloadable coupon, so it'd be $34.98 + tax.

Either way, you then buy spaghetti for the $4 mail-in rebate.

6. Jason_V

Jason
    Thanks Mike! The gal I asked as Customer Service said that the price match trumped the $6 offer, so there's the answer.

Aaron...the closest TRU to me is about 45 minutes away on a good day. In the end, I got the RZ points, didn't have to deal with stupid mall traffic and picked up the Bond movies I was missing, all in the same trip. If it was closer, I would have bit on that in a sec.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    I don't blame you. I have a BB gift card, but TRU is right across the street from it and I'm sure I'll find something else to get at BB before too long. [​IMG]

8. Ron68

Ron68 Well-Known Member

I had my brother pick me up the Bolt DE, Lilo & Stitch and the 2 disc Quantum of Solace with the book from Target. I didn't bother with any coupons but maybe I should have now that the sales tax is 9% lol

9. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Well-Known Member

Got Pinocchio and Bolt, both on BD, at TRU for $34.98 after the $10 combo discount and the $10 Bolt coupon. Nice deal for Disney BD!

10. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Well-Known Member

Only took 3 days for Target's headquarters in Minnesota to answer my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Bastards say that the "Deluxe" version is not included in the $10 combo offer with Lilo & Stitch. They said there is a standard, deluxe & a blu ray release & while they're sorry I thought that my 2 disc standard dvd should qualify that it doesn't and I won't get the $10 savings those who bought the Joe 6 Pack sd dvd got. Nothing like penalizing people who spend an extra $7 for the 2 disc & Lilo on the same receipt.

By the way, I found this out just as I was getting back from Target. I hadn't checked the receipts real carefully and when mom took back the 3 dvds to try to get this resolved they had only credited her for the BOLT 1 disc. I had just checked my MasterCard this morning & found out I only had a very small credit for the one disc BOLT and then recharged me for the 2 disc BOLT (minus the $10 savings) & double charged me for Lilo & Never Say Never Again. Took 2 managers about an hour to go carefully over all of the receipts in their office & then credit me with $27.80 which I was overcharged.

11. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

And THAT is one ugly story, Bill. [​IMG]

I hope the Target managers were, at least, nice to you along the way.

12. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Well-Known Member

Yes, the 2 managers were very nice. And I made out financially a bit better than they thought too. When I added the $11.76 they had credited me to the $27.80 that they credited me today it came out to $5 over the credit I had coming. SO it seems they erred and I ended up with 1/2 of the $10 I SHOULD have gotten for the BOLT/Lilo special.

13. Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M Well-Known Member

For those like me waiting for a better price on the SD-DVD of Quantum of Solace, starting on Monday 4.13 Costco is offering a $5.00 off coupon for all Fox SD-DVD titles, the price of the single disc should be 13.99 with the coupon...not much, but it keeps it below my self imposed 14.99 price limit ....