What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-24-2009 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Probably not if the store where I got Bolt Blu today is any indication. They had large displays of the Bolt SD discs (both 1 and 2-discers) at both store entrances, with the BD copy I got in the electronics section being the only one I saw.

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
From all the anecdotal evidence I'm reading, it looks as though a staggered BD/DVD release is only going to work if there's at least a week between the two. A lot of retailers aren't picking up on the fine nuances in Disney's program (because it's just so hard to read and follow directions), which will definitely throw a wrench in the works if they're hoping to pull any conclusive data from the advance BD release.

It's Bolt on Blu-ray and Lilo & Stitch SE this week for me. Oh, how I wish Lilo was coming to Blu . . . but I've waited long enough for this 2-disc set (I've held off on the original release for over six years because of the rumors about this set), I can't hold out any more! The Target deal plus the $10 coupon look to be the best bet on this, unless Amazon pulls something really amazing out of their hat.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also many if not all Walmarts put the sd dvd of bolt on the floor SATURDAY.
that doesn't help the number at all.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That's not surprising, Tony. The Wal-Mart I referenced in my last post had at least one of the Bolt displays paired with a Twilight display so they probably just threw all the Bolts on it when they put Twilight out yesterday.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I think Disney's strategy is interesting and good in concept. The anecdotes seem to indicate that the retail execution is another matter. You'd think that releasing it earlier than the SD and including a digital copy and a standard dvd would help boost the Blu-ray sales numbers a bit.

I picked up Bolt today and I may pick up a few of the Bonds this week.

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven

I hope you're incorrect, because I just placed an online order for in-store pickup of Gift Set #3 + the Best Buy exclusive 3-pack set of QoS, LtK and TMwtGG . Oh, and the online prices of the gift sets are $2 less than the Sunday ad. So, #3 $57.99 + $59.99 for exclusive 3-pack - $25.00 = me happy!

Hope everything is there for me to pick up Tuesday....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Target took the coupon tonight for Bolt on BD. $27 - $10 = $17.

I purchased the pasta at Target as well (so it's on the very same receipt for the rebate!) and I'll get that right in the mail tomorrow.

$17 - $4 = $13. That's awesome!

But still no $5 coupon at the register. :frowning:

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I also have the $10 off coupon from Disney. From Mike, I know that Target accepts the coupon. Does Best Buy accept it? There's a Best Buy close to where I live and both Targets (brand new; opened this month) are farther away.

Is there any other retailer that accepts this coupon?

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I have printed the $5 dvd coupon for BOLT (2 disc) & I'll be buying it & Lilo & Stitch SE so it should be: $22.99 + $15.99 - $5 coupon & the register should knock $10 off the combo. Which is basically $23.98 + tax for the 2 double disc sets. If it works that way, not too shabby. Then 2 Bonds at Wally world with little brothers 10% discount (QofS SE & NSNA). Busy day but a lot of savings.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
The Best Buy by me took it but the register didn't recognize the bar code and he manually took the $10 off. They also matched Frys $24.99. Only funny thing is they charged tax on the $24.99; shouldn't it be tax after the coupon is applied?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

The fine print on the coupon says something about the purchaser being responsible for the tax.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Doh! I didn't catch that on my purchase at Best Buy either. I paid $27.99 + $2.17 tax and then the $10.00 coupon was applied. The $10 should have been deducted from the $27.99 prior to sales tax being calculated. I paid $0.78 more than I should have.

The funny thing about my trip to purchase the Bolt Blu-ray was that I was undecided on where to purchase it while en route because Best Buy and Target are in the same shopping center. I considered getting it at Target to try Mike's tactic and see if the register would generate a $5 Blu-ray coupon. The cons of getting at Target were: 1) it's a Super Target store and the Electronics / Movies section is at the back of the store which seems like a half-mile walk (each way); and 2) I thought that Target's price was $1 higher than Best Buy's price. The pros of getting it at Best Buy were 1) it's one of the newer, smaller Best Buy stores (for a quick in and out); and 2) it was $1 cheaper (in my mind). So I picked it up at Best Buy, spent $1.00 more than I could have (+ $0.78 extra in tax), and didn't get a Target $5 Blu-ray coupon! But at least it was quick. ;)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
It'll be interesting to see if Target will honor the $10-off Bolt/Lilo deal if you purchase the Bolt Blu-ray and Lilo and Stitch SD titles; I say this because the Target ad shows the Bolt/Lilo $10-off offer below a graphic of the Bolt SD cover. It would be a sweet deal if Target honors the offer on Bolt BD, as that would mean just $23 for both Bolt BD (includes both SD and digital copies as well) and Lilo 2-disc SD after Target $10-off offer and Disney Bolt $10-off coupon.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I went to our local Wal-Mart last night, coupon in hand to get the Bolt BD and all they had was the two standard DVD versions. They definitely did not understand Disney's promo. I'll be lucky if they put it out this week.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Geez. . .I wait all this time for a Lilo & Stitch SE and now I have to KEEP waiting because they didn't bother to put it out on Blu. :angry:

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
For what it's worth, the terms of the pasta rebate form says receipts dated between March 1, 2009 and July 31, 2009. So they may honor the early purchasers.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, Step 2 still says March 24 though I'm going to expect a little leeway on that issue since it makes no sense to offer it except for the 1st 2 days of Blu Ray release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks