What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/22/05 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what is up with Best Buy's refusal to loss leader Finding Neverland? Especially when Circuit City is $5 cheaper! Sounds like it's time for me to pick up the Sunday paper and pricematch...

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Don't forget that this Tuesday MGM will also release another batch of Midnite Movies Double Features as BestBuy exclusives in the U.S.. Titles include:

LAST MAN ON EARTH/PANIC IN YEAR ZERO
VOODOO ISLAND/THE FOUR SKULLS OF JONATHAN DRAKE
THE MINI-SKIRT MOB/CHROME AND HOT LEATHER
MORONS FROM OUTER SPACE/ALIEN FROM L.A.
DIE MONSTER DIE!/THE DUNWICH HORROR
WAR-GODS OF THE DEEP/AT THE EARTH’S CORE
TALES OF TERROR/TWICE TOLD TALES

And the one I've been waiting for to finally complete my Beach Party/Frankie & Annette set:

FIREBALL 500/THUNDER ALLEY

All are priced at about $10, and the fun DVD Drive-In Site has a complete listing of features and cover art.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Thanks for the great roundup again, Mike. Just "Pimp My Ride: Season 1" for me this week.

Just kidding...on second thought I think I'll pass on that and check out Finding Neverland and Being Julia. ;)

Jim Saunders

Agent
There are ALOT of catalouge items to choose from this week. I will def. be getting both Star Wars and Harry Potter movies that I have on VHS.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Exactly the same thing I was thinking, except (at least in our paper) the CC ad doesn't mention the $14.99 price for Finding Neverland - it just says "low price" or something like that.

What's even odder is BB loss-leading Being Julia instead of Finding Neverland. :confused: A real head-scratcher for sure.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I've read that this is just the Teaser Trailer (not even the new Full Length Trailer that was shown on the OC a couple weeks ago)

Does anyone have confirmation of this?

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
These First Season Starter things are basically the first few episodes of a show on one disc for cheap to hook people into buying into the sets.

John Gido

Second Unit
Does anyone have any B&M pricing on "Dutch" w/Ed O'Neill? This is a guilty pleasure of mine. Anchor Bay had the release date as 3/8 but, both BB & CC web sites had it as a pre-order being released on 3/22.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
John, according to their Web sites, BB & CC are both selling Dutch for $12.99 but of course prices may be different in store. I'd expect Wal-Mart to sell it for anywhere from $10-12 dollars, if they carry it.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I didn't see it mentioned on the roundup, and I hadn't heard of it till I got an email from the John Grisham mailer but John Grisham has a new movie coming to DVD tomorrow about a little league player and it looks good it is called Mickey. Link to amazon for mickey
Anyone see this movie, it looks good.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

At any rate, Being Julia is an excellent presentation of an excellent film. Look for an official review here sometime in the next couple of days. :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Good to hear, I do want to check it out. I hope no one misconstrued my comment as a dig on Being Julia; it just didn't make much of a dent at the box office and is not really loss leader material (especially at Best Buy, which really caters to the young male demographic).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks