What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-21-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I went to Best Buy here in Portland expecting to pick up "The Flyng Nun" for $27.99. It was tagged $39.99 and there were no shelf tags to say it was on sale. I took it up to the cashier and asked for a price check. It rang up $39.99. I said no thanks and left.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Costco has the Busby Berkeley set for $39.99 plus you get a bonus 8 track soundtrack CD with it. I don't know if this is exclusive to Costco or not.

10 Commandments was $14.99 there.

Steve

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Went to Best Buy and picked up Chicken Little with a price match to Circuit City for $13.99, and they gave me no grief about getting the 2 pez's with it.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Amazingly enough, WalMart was $3 more expensive than CC on the Ten Commandments box. Price matched it at BB today. What a handsome looking set. Can't wait to dig into it!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
It's a little late, but Target has a deal when you buy Chicken Little on DVD ($15.99) and the video game version (I think it was $29.99 for each system) you get a free $10 Target gift card.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Just as a point of interest: we've seen Amazon suddenly drop prices on release day or shortly thereafter, but I just noticed something disturbing that I hope isn't the start of a trend: they went the other way on "Chicken Little," which is now showing a price of $15.98 as opposed to the $14.96 noted above. :angry:

MattHR

Screenwriter
I don't know if it was advertised or not, but I saw Monk: Seasons 1-3 on sale for $19.99 each at Best Buy. There was a little "sale" sign next to them on the shelf.
That's 66% off -- a great price. Too bad I already have them all.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
So, I happen to be near a different Best Buy in my area (Saratoga Springs) yesterday during "lunchtime" and I thought I would run in and pick up Justice League and.. and um.. I know there was something else... What the hell was it?

It wasn't until I got back to work and to this forum that I saw I had also wanted "The Ten Commandments"! It was not on display in their "new release" area, as I was looking over those shelves very carefully.

Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I made a second weekly trip to BB.

Ric

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Having a general sense of the kind of hours Ric's job entails, my favorite part of that whole story is the quotation marks around "lunchtime"! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks