What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-16-2010 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My wife told me to *not* get the "coin purse" and just get the book instead, so off to BestBuy I go right now.

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Looking forward to next week what are your guys plans for ToyStory? I'm thinking about the Amazon two for $39.99 deal but wanted to know if there's any in store incentives....
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035408361

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great minds, Sam.

Since you asked the question in the TS Blu Review thread, I thought I'd wander here and repeat my post:

I keep thinking I'll hear about a deal better than amazon's current pricing ($24.99 apiece minus $10 for ordering both = $39.98)...but I haven't.

Best Buy looks like (via bb.com) it's going to have a sale price of $24.99 on each disc with a deal you can get $5 off with the joint purchase of a TS3 videogame. Even gamers (ouch! ) would realize that if you want both movies you're better off with the amazon deal.

DeepDiscount has each title for $29.85. Wal-Mart.com has a price of $24.86 apiece. All of this, of course, is subject to change. I'm still kinda hoping that we might see some kind of further price drop at amazon as we approach release date (although my hopes are not real high).

I'm about to pull the pre-order trigger via amazon myself...go with the free shipping...and go through the agony of having to wait those precious few extra days in order to pay the lowest price.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I heard that there will be $5 off coupons from the Disney website. I guess we'll see what happens, but unless there's some cool store exclusive gewgaw it looks like Amazon's the way to go on those.

EDIT: Just read the review thread, and once again, it looks like Target's the release week winner. But this time I'm going to go there on my way to work first thing in the morning!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There is a lot of internet scuttle right now re: Target and the TS blus.

There is some contradiction over whether their weekly ad will be calling for $19.99 per title or $22.99 per title. The $10 credit for buying both plus the $5 on-line coupons for each seem to make it the new best deal either way.

If $19.99 apiece:

$39.98 for both titles
minus $10 bulk credit = $29.98
minus $10 in coupons = $19.98!

If $22.99 apiece:

$45.98 for both titles
minus $10 bulk credit = $35.98
minus $10 in coupons = $25.98!

I guess I'll go cancel my amazon pre-order (which I finally pulled the trigger on. ).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With either Target or Amazon...I've got sales tax either way and no shipping either way.

Target, OTOH, gives me instant gratification and no waiting.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Things getting a bit better for the Toy Story fans. New Disney TS and TS2 Blu Ray "Upgrade" manufacturers coupons available at Disney Movie Rewards site for owners of previous DVD or VHS. The newest coupons are for $10 off each.

You need to be a member of Disney Movie Rewards (registration free)

disney.go.com/disneymovierewards/

Enter UPC of TS and/or TS2 in the "Enter Code" box on the right of the screen, this should take you to a page to print the $10 off coupons (can print 2 coupons for each movie)

UPC for TS 786936294507
UPC for TS2 786936294521

By the time the discs are released with the current coupons and rumored prices, i think I will end up with PATF, TS, TS2 Blu Ray combos for a total of less than $15 and some people are getting a little lower by using multiple Manufacturers coupons which most stores will reject.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Awesome! Just printed those new upgrade coupons. Hope I have no problems picking them up from Target (or wherever) next Tuesday.

_Man_

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Target:

Bought New Moon Deluxe Edition BD ($24.99) and Twilight in Forks DVD ($9.99). I used the $5 off New Moon + Twilight in Forks Coupon, the $3 off Twilight in Forks Coupon, and received a $5 Target Giftcard for purchasing both New Moon and Twilight in Forks. The coupons and promotion applied automatically - no override was required.

My total cost was $27 for the New Moon BD, the Twilight in Forks DVD, and the $5 Target Giftcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks