What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/15/05 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well Jeff beat me to it, but despite a bad price on The Incredibles ($18.99), they do have some good ones:

Hogan's Heroes $24.29
Miss Congeniality $16.79
Star Trek: First Contact $11.99
Laura/Call Northside/Panic Box set $17.99

They didn't beat Target's price on Easter Parade however ($17.99 at Costco, $15.99 at Target).

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Wow, that is a nice price for somebody looking to get all 3. Too bad no Costcos on my side of town so I'm not a member.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Whoo-Hoo! Just got back from Target and now I'm ready to watch the Incredibles and drink my 4-pack of Blackberry-Raspberry Sparking Water. (BTW - There weren't mobs of people exiting Target with multiple cases of the Sparkling Water).

Seriously though, I ended up going to Target for the Incredibles (my only title this week) just because it is the closest B&M to me (not for the $1.87 of free Sparkling Water). With the ever increasing price of gas (approaching $2.50 / gallon locally), I'm finding it more and more difficult to justify driving to Wal-Mart (18 - 20 miles round-trip) or Best Buy or Circuit City to pick-up 1 or 2 titles.

Mike - Any chance of modifying the Round-Up to include an algorithm factoring in store distance, gas cost, and MPG to the cost of DVD's? :laugh:

Thanks as always Mike and Patrick for the Round-Up - your hard work is much appreciated.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
My one remaining CC in town (the one closest to me was one of the victims of store closings recently), was limiting people to 3 copies and balls of the incredibles. Still had a reasonable number left, but I suspect they'll be gone by the end of today. I've got so many of those stupid lithographs from disney store buys that the last thing I needed was another one of them. I'm just annoyed that of the two CC in town, the CC more convenient to me is the one that closed.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
My CC that I went to had cases of (deflated) basketballs, I was really surprised. I've never had luck with CC, free player's guides with games, free T-shirts, etc always out when I get there, even if I get there early. The Incredibles basketball was a bit larger than I was expecting, I didn't measure, but I'm guessing around 8 inch diameter? Decent quality for a freebie.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm on it, Jeff!

Let's see:

e = mc(squared).

the sum of (the areas of) two small squares equals (the area of) the large one. a(squared) + b(squared) = c(squared)

money = root of all evil.

women = can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts.

There. You're all set. You'll need to factor in the distances and gas prices near you. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any Wal-Mart prices today on The Incredibles?

I've been figuring if you're not interested in the sparkling water (or other freebies), they'd have the lowest price.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

At that price, is that set worth a blind buy? I'm a yung 'un, so I'm not familiar with these titles (or their genre for that matter), but I do like "classic" stuff.

Picked up The Incredibles today at Best Buy. Will have to wait until I get paid for some eBay sales before I get the rest of the titles I want this week. The lithograph is actually pretty nice for a giveaway. IMHO, if you're a Pixar o r The Incredibles fan, it's probably worth the $10 to join the BB Reward Zone just to get it.

Oh, and did anyone else's Best Buy have employees dressed up as characters from the movie? There was a checkout girl wearing red spandex, black shorts on top, and a black mask (i.e., Elasti-girl). Supposedly there were two others in costume in the store when I was there, but I was in and out quickly with my purchase and didn't notice them.

Oh, and Mike, graph theory is what you need to incorporate round-trip mileage and fuel prices into the RoundUp. It's a whole branch of mathematics and there are some relatively standard computer algorithms for taking a weighted graph and finding the least-cost path between...ah, never mind. :D

Dave

Patrick.C

Second Unit

I stopped by my local Wal-Mart (Marietta, GA) at lunch today. They had The Incredibles right at the front of the store with two prices. The DVD by itself was $14.88 and if you want the CD-ROM with it (which I thought was supposed to be free?), you have to pay an extra $2.00.

Off topic - they had some huge signs at the front of the store with Darth Vader, Yoda, etc. that said "Celebrate the Saga of Star Wars April 2nd and 3rd at Wal-Mart". Anyone know what this is about? Is this the day they are re-releasing Ep. 1 and 2? Or is it the rollout for the new toy line?

Jim-M

Second Unit
I bought The Incredibles at WalMart (San Diego/Clairemont Mesa) for $13.88 today. That particular store has been doing a good job of beating the lowest price and a Fry's a few miles away had it for $13.99.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I stopped at a CostCo but didn't see any copies of First Contact. Had to go to CC. I'll try not to sweat the dollar ;)

Also went for the Incredibles at BB with Litho and used a RZ coupon for 5.00. The price at BB was 16.99. Anyone else seeing this discrepancy?

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor

That's the street date for the onslaught of Sith merchandise. In a related note, my CC had sign place holders for Clone Wars for $14.99, but no discs.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Anyone know about costco's pack-in on the Incredibles? I passed it up, but not sure if it would have been worth the $19 price tag for movie and book....

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Saw Incedibles in a Walmart for $11.99. Not on my list to buy, but an incredible deal for those wanting to. They were charging $18.99 for the bonus pack so maybe they were gambling people would "upgrade".

Picked up the 3 Fox Noirs for $9.99 each before I knew about the Costco $17.99 3 pack. Grrrr. I had checked their website but those titles weren't listed so I didn't bother driving out there. Lesson learned. I'll pick up waves 2 through 8 at Costco.

My Sam's also had the Warner Musical collection for about $37. That's under $7 per movie; how does Warners do it?

Steve

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Incredibles was $15.99 at my Best Buy. I decided to bypass the Lithograph and just pick up the DVD.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Sam's Club in Atlanta (Clairmont Road) has the Warner Musical Collection for $36.82 and now has several of last week's Warner Classic Comedies box set for $41.52. Warner Bros. is killing me! ;)

They also had all of the Star Trek movie special editions for $11.49. No sign of the Fox film noirs at Sam's, but Costco (Dunwoody) had plenty at the $17.99 price. A classic film lovers dream these last few weeks/months!

Jay

P.S. Thanks to Mike, as always, for providing this invaluable service. My preference on the grid is to stay with the original array of retailers. I also tend to look at Amazon as the bellweather of online retailers, and their service record makes them a worthy alternative in my book. Plus, DVDPriceSearch allows easy comparison shopping among other online outlets.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh, Best Buy didn't have Farscape Starburst Edition Season 1 Vol. 3, so I have go by there on Thursday or Friday when their next truckload of stuff shows up. Grr... (if I didn't have some leftover store credit, I'd gone somewhere else for this title).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick:

That's interesting that you bring up Farscape. I know nothing about Farscape and saw probably five different listings for this week's title. You call it:

I've seen Season 3 Volume 3...Season 1.3...Season 1 Collection 3...etc. Sorry if I haven't had the listings quite right...but the Farscape franchise is awfully confusing to me. :b

I figure fans probably know what's what though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks