What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-1-2011 (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Where did you guys see Dr Black, Mr Hyde at Best Buy? I cant find it on their web page and it's not showing up in the store.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
What's worse, and I didn't look closely enough to see this in the store, is that the extra disc is in an envelope glued to the back of the BD case. It might come off neatly, might not. I'm thinking I'd better take the plunge and do it right now, before it "ages".

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Done. Do it now. The glue blob is a long strip, and it comes off okay, but even after wiping the case with lighter fluid (a.k.a. The Collector's Friend) you can see an outline where the glue substance actually alters the plastic a bit. I know from experience that that only gets worse if you wait.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Picked up Bambi at my work (Stop & Shop) today for $19.99, meaning I paid only ten bucks for it after the Disney coupon.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh my god, is that Target "exclusive" disc a waste of plastic, or what? I've got a friend's kid lined up to get it.

Were there any other Bambi exclusives, or was this the only one?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Best Buy had a lunchbox for an extra 4.99 I think

Toys R Us had a 'free' plush toy Bambi with purchase, but the base price was 26.99 so basically $4+tax for the plush toy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I knew I wasn't going to want the Target bonus disc with Bambi...but I still ended up with it.

Target was simply the most convenient store for me from which tro pick up Bambi on blu.

Target only had the Harry Connick concert title on CD ($9.99) and a DVD/CD package ($14.99). Too bad they didn't have the blu, too. I guess I'll order from amazon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Son of a nutcracker!

I just went to order the Harry Connick concert on blu and Amazon has upped the price on it from $21.99 to $28.99!

They can keep it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A bunch of new links to HTF reviews have been added to the OP...including Matt's review of 127 Hours on blu and Ron's review of the 3-D blu of Ultimate Wave: Tahiti.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon . The site now says it is backordered.

The problem might be that BB has the title wrong. They've got Dr. Black and Mr. White.

After consultng with Scarecrow video - the go-to video store for obscure releases like this - the buyer said that the date slipped by a week or so. So yeah, looks like it's been delayed.

And Dr. Black and Mr. White would be an AWESOME blaxsploitation flick! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks